New artist rendition of 7:37 Halo car

car_photo_268302_25.jpg

car_photo_268299_25.jpg

these are artist renditions of the 7:37 nsx from autoexpress UK, not bad looking in my opinion

these are artist renditions of the 7:37 nsx from autoexpress UK, not bad looking in my opinion[/QUOTE]

I have to say, it's growing on me more and more. It look nice in my garage when I'm in my 50's.

This is not the next NSX or S2000...It's the next Prelude! Look at those lines and curves. It's got the 1996 Prelude look. And think about this, the last prelude was an "SH". That was a precursor to SH-AWD.

This is a Prelude on steroids!!!

It looks nice now...but wait until someone slaps that hideous grill on the front! :mad:

Only problem... this car is going to be an Acura in all markets, so there will be no "H" emblem! Other than that I hope it ends up looking very similar to this.

what's the reason for FR vice MR? would it be cheaper? more efficient? better performance? not too sure. I just know that they can kiss the 50/50 ratio good-bye. This is probably the best rendition of the new NSX I've seen, with that said, I just wished it was MR :frown:

Tons of FR cars have 50:50 weight balance... Honda builds one of them already and I doubt this car will be any different.

Many Front-rear cars are 50:50. The Vantage is called a Front mounted mid-engine car, because the engine is behind the front axle for eg.

It will be dynamically different, but I bet it will out handle the NSX (sacriledge I'm sure).

They gotta do something about those honda accord mirrors tho!!

..It's the next Prelude!

Gee.... we get the Prelude and Supra both back from Honda and Toyota all grown up and with luxury badges. LOL

When Ferrari went with the 599, I knew Honda would copy it. Ferrari is the leader in Exotic cars and when Ferrari went all GT with their cars (going after the Big money crowd...or as I call it "the hip replacement crowd") Honda was sure to follow. This is Ferrari's fault.

This thing has Prelude written all over it. :mad: Not a drop of NSX.

Maybe when Honda up-dates the S2000 they can just re-do the Del-Sol's jelly bean body :tongue:

Last edited:
Haha, and if this is a prelude, and is doing 7:37 times around the 'Ring...and was the cost of an Accord here....I can't see anyone not wanting it.

It looks nice in the picture, i do really like it (i would still pick an NSX though), but either this car doesn't have the power plenum grille...or the artist decided not to include it.

Chances are it could be the latter, since Honda doesn't really have a grille setup, so they could get away with this...

But like everyone else, i think a world class car would have been better as a mid engined V8 rather than this, and still be able to compete with the GTR...that would have been special.

But this isn't bad. I'll give them that much.

Last edited:
When Ferrari went with the 599, I knew Honda would copy it. Ferrari is the leader in Exotic cars and when Ferrari went all GT with their cars (going after the Big money crowd...or as I call it "the hip replacement crowd") Honda was sure to follow. This is Ferrari's fault.

Maybe when Honda up-dates the S2000 they can just re-do the Del-Sol's jelly bean body :tongue:
When Austin Martin came out with the Vanguish, I knew Ferrari would copy it. Austin Marting is the leader in Exotic cars and when Austin went all GT with their cars since the 60's (going after the big money crowd...or as I call it "the hip replacement crowd") Ferrari was sure to follow. This is Austin Martin's fault.:biggrin:

No one posted the actual article from AutoExpress:

Shrouded in a zebra-like camouflage, Honda’s new V10 supercar finally broke cover this week. And it’s the latest step in a project to replace the NSX.

Our spies caught the model lapping the Nürburgring in Germany. Development has only just started, and engineers have two targets.

Firstly, they have been challenged to get the two-door’s suspension set-up just right. But more than that, Honda wants to build the fastest production model around the circuit. And while the mechanical tweaks will be familiar territory for the firm’s technicians, breaking the lap record will be no mean feat – as the newcomer’s rivals, the Nissan GT-R and Lexus LF-A, are both capable of sub-seven minute 30 second laps of the legendary 13-mile race track.

The as-yet-unnamed coupé will get a 550bhp 5.5-litre V10 with cylinder deactivation technology. That means it will shut down five cylinders when engine load is light, thus reducing fuel consumption and emissions. Torque is set to top 570Nm, too. One source told us the 2+2 will wear a ‘hybrid’ aluminium and steel body to reduce weight, and sit on a modified version of the US Acura RL saloon platform.

An eight-speed auto gearbox with paddleshifters is on the cards, while hi-tech four-wheel drive will provide the best possible traction.

Expect the newcomer to debut in late 2010 or early 2011, when it’s likely to cost upwards of £90,000.

:biggrin:

93162101sr4.jpg

That looks way better! The original rendition is not bad tho. The exhaust is fugly, and why, o why is it so damn tall? The hell with saftey regulations. I have no problem losing my life in a 46 inch tall car, at least I'd die happy driving something I love.

Last edited:
2011? 2011!!!

Wow - I have been waiting for the new NSX(since 1999) and all I have to do is wait is 3 more years.:eek:

It looks OK, but more like a 350Z to me than a prelude.

£90,000.... that is A LOT. Let's hope the US Price will be significantly less.

Overall though, I would rather have the R8 V10 than this car -- at least so far. That car is truly the next gen NSX we have all been waiting for.

The new rendition has a very Gallardo look from the back...no?

Back