New article titled "Acura NSX: A Supercar Steal"

• 537 HP
  • 0–60 in 2.7 seconds
Hmmm...exactly half the 0-60 time of the original, and twice as much horsepower!

Unfortunately, Men's Health got the horsepower wrong, so it doesn't give me confidence that they also got the 0-60 correct either.

HP ratings system changed

I believe the new one has well over double of the original and probably of the mid cycle upgrades motor

Unfortunately, Men's Health got the horsepower wrong, so it doesn't give me confidence that they also got the 0-60 correct either.

• 537 HP
  • 0–60 in 2.7 seconds
Hmmm...exactly half the 0-60 time of the original, and twice as much horsepower!

in the body of the article they quoted the correct horsepower figure. they just flipped two of the numbers at the end, a typo...

Good catch fastaussie. That makes sense.
Hopefully the 0-60 is correct. 2.7 sec is spectacular.

I really hope the "Only Supercar built in America" marketing claim (repeated today at the Vin #001 event) proves to be true based on testing of production cars in the wild. I don't think fastest 0-60 times in an AWD car with electric boost is sufficient to make that claim (anyone cross-shopping the NSX against a Ludicrous P90D-- or consider that car a "SuperCar?"). If the NSX turns out to be slower in the 1/4 mile AND around the track compared to the Z06 and Viper, then I wonder what definition of "Supercar" they are using. Hopefully, the NSX will spank them and all others in a full range of tests, putting the question to rest.

we shall see, eventually!

i keep hearing from multiple sources that the new R8 is ripping off 0-to-60 runs of 2.6 seconds all day long...

p.s. has anyone even properly tested an NSX yet? i feel like these are basically estimated guesses.

Back