New Advan Wheel out - Your opinion about it on the NSX

Was browsing around the web today, and I noticed that Advan has a new wheel out. It is the Advan Model T5. Here is a picture of it:

wheel_01.jpg

Do you think it will look any good on the NSX? You can see more pictures of it on www.yokohamatire.jp

Thanks,
Nathan

newer Model 5 (?)...

I had heard the Advan AVS Model 5 wheel was going to be discontinued. I assume this is the replacement... looks nice! :cool:

Model T5... (also pictured in original post)
pic01sf3.jpg

Model 5...
pic01zk4.jpg

Re: newer Model 5 (?)...

I like the T5 but but the older Model 5 is a good looking wheel as well, a little simpler more elegant.

These wheels look nice - on a BMW, Mercedes, etc.

I don't think they fit the "form/fashion" of the NSX. By that I mean, these wheels are overstyled and that clashes with the simple, elegant and purposeful lines of the NSX. The older Model 5's fit the NSX well.

The new design isn't bad and I'm sure it would look nice on other vehicles but the older Model 5 is a much nicer design IMO and looks great on the NSX. I like how the spokes on the Model 5 come more to a point as opposed to the straighter spokes of the T5. It was one of the wheels I was considering to upgrade to and I'm sad to see it discontinued. It was never a wheel that I would've picked out of a lineup but actually seeing it on an NSX is another story.

Osiris_x11 said:
Model T5... (also pictured in original post)
pic01sf3.jpg

Model 5...
pic01zk4.jpg

I agree with the others the model 5 is better looking, I prefer that the spokes come together rather than stay parallel. If I could get the advan 5's in a 3 piece design either real or looking with a fat lip , I'd get those.

One can still get the Model 5. I just got them on my car two weeks ago. The wait was unfortunately about 5.5 months. But I am happy with the purchase and the wheel fitment IMO is quite nice. Let me take a picture and see what you guys think.

Rod

HotRod said:
One can still get the Model 5. I just got them on my car two weeks ago. The wait was unfortunately about 5.5 months. But I am happy with the purchase and the wheel fitment IMO is quite nice. Let me take a picture and see what you guys think.

Rod

Yes, please take a picture with them on your car. i have only seen two NSXs with the model 5s. I addition, please list your size and offset too.

Thanks,
Nathan

7225red_lowered.jpg

This is from years ago but man it looked good, don't know how he ever drove it that low. Its what made me want the Advan 5 but I also want a fat lip!

I like the old model better.

The new ones look alot like the Audi R8 wheels btw.

2007-Audi-R8-Side-1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
DV8 said:

Is it just me or does it look like your car should be lowered? Whats with the intake on the roof that looks pretty cool, is it functional, how did you mod it to look like that? (just curious not going to do it though).

clr1024 said:
Is it just me or does it look like your car should be lowered? Whats with the intake on the roof that looks pretty cool, is it functional, how did you mod it to look like that? (just curious not going to do it though).

Already been lowered...:wink:
DSCF0888sm.jpg

clr1024 said:
The car belongs to the poster above (VRoooM). I just posted it as an example. You can ask him or see his thread for more information.

Back