New Acura NSX will be hybrid, look like Tony Stark’s car from Avengers

http://jalopnik.com/5864253/new-acura-nsx-will-be-hybrid-look-like-tony-starks-car-from-avengers

jalopnik said:
According to an Acura dealer national meeting attendee's furtive report from the Aria hotel in Las Vegas, the new Acura NSX that'll reportedly be shown at next month's Detroit Auto Show will look extremely similar to Tony Stark's car in the upcoming Avengers movie. But wait, there's more.
It'll also be, according to our tipster, a "hybrid" — yes, you read that correctly — and "will hit dealer showrooms in 24 months."

Now we want to see just how close it'll look to the Avengers car because, if you'll remember, Acura spokespeople told Autoblog that that car was nothing more than a one-off built for the movie. Likely true. But imagine that vehicle as a hard-top and we think that's likely what our tipster saw.

All we know is we're getting more and more excited for the Avengers movie. Oh, yeah, and also the NSX — although we're not so sure how that "hybrid" thing is gonna work out.

If any other national dealer meeting attendees want to chime in on this report, please email me — or comment below. And we'll even open up our pocketbooks — say, to the tune of $1000 — to the first person who gets us uncovered pictures from the meeting.

Oh yay a hybrid, I wonder if they'll put a solid rear axle and MacPhersons in it like the did the CR-Z.

At least itll look pretty good! But... 24 months away?!!

how much power will it make?

It's gonna be fast guys. It won't be a CRZ type hybrid. You guys think hybrid means slow. It just means a hybrid power plant. Electric motors have max torque at zero RPM's. A hybrid power plant can actually be really advantageous if the engineering is done for go fast and not economy. I doubt Honda wants to focus on economy although.... I don't trust Honda right now.

over 400?

I have to admit the front end of that avenger car has some similarities to the Honda EV-STER. Maybe it is true this is the next concept for the NSX.

Back