Never postpone what you should do now (+ video vs F430)

I just come back from a track event on Circuit de Bresse in France. A "few" things went wrong and I feel responsible. Do not postpone what you should do now on your car !

1) I read a lot of post here advising to change the coolant hoses on a 17 year old car. I planed to do this next winter. Second lap and first time in vtec in the straight line : I blew the lower radiator hose ! Fortunately, I found a hose in the garage nextdoor that I could adapt for the rest of the day.

2) I planed to bleed my clutch fluid after this trackday. In the afternoon, my pedal fall to the floor when trying to shift from 2nd to 3rd. I talk about this here : http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121170

3) I planed to change my rotors (and pads and bleed the fluid) after this trackday. Inspecting my brakes, I saw that my right front rotor was cracked at two positions. This was just to close the day... Not really a problem as these rotor had already lasted 6 trackdays.

Anyway, betweem these events, I had the chance to get some fun. Here is a video of 2 laps behind a F430 Scuderia. Enjoy !

Asylum's Honda NSX vs F430 Scuderia

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

023.JPG

024.JPG

025.JPG

026.JPG

027.JPG

028.JPG

029.JPG

030.JPG

031.JPG

032.JPG

033.JPG

034.JPG

035.JPG

036.JPG

037.JPG

038.JPG

039.JPG

040.JPG

041.JPG

042.JPG

043.JPG

044.JPG

045.JPG

046.JPG

047.JPG

048.JPG

049.JPG

050.JPG

051.JPG

052.JPG

053.JPG

Looks like a fun little track,about how long? I was impressed by his straight line speed but he certainly was parking in the corners:wink: You seem to have more confidence braking for turn in as well as carrying more corner speed except maybe in the slowest hairpins,,,,nice job.

That F430 looks so badass I don't even know where to start. :tongue:
I'd be proud to be able to hang anywhere close to it.

Looks like a fun little track,about how long? I was impressed by his straight line speed but he certainly was parking in the corners:wink: You seem to have more confidence braking for turn in as well as carrying more corner speed except maybe in the slowest hairpins,,,,nice job.

And I thinK that I still have a big margin. The car is perfect. I have to improve.

Bresse track is 2.9 km long. Not fast : almost 3rd gear rev limiter at the longest straight line (5-speed NSX) but very very hard with brakes. To much low speed turns for the NSX to be really competitive. I should really have short gears.

cool pics and video. The Scud has some serious straight line speed.:eek: Good driving by you though.

And I thinK that I still have a big margin. The car is perfect. I have to improve.
Bresse track is 2.9 km long. Not fast : almost 3rd gear rev limiter at the longest straight line (5-speed NSX) but very very hard with brakes. To much low speed turns for the NSX to be really competitive.
I should really have short gears.
That looked like fun!
I thought the opposite, that you could get some larger diameter rear tires so as you improve (and go faster) you won't run out of revs in 3rd gear on that track.
It might force you into 1st on the slowest turn (hard to tell, especially with traffic) but if it didn't less shifting than other cars is always a benefit :biggrin:

Brian

Back