Netscape 7.2 is acting as default!

Ok, for those of us software challenged, I downloaded the latest version of Nestcape (7.2) and now it has taken over all my picture files. It seems to want to open them with Netscape and its limited menus and options. I can still import those pics using my digi camera software but Netscape was not the menu that opened them before.

Can I revert back to whatever I used to have? I looked into the Netscape 7.2 screen with options under preferences, nothing seemed to stand out. Right clicked on the shortcut on the desktop, again nothing. Am I missing something, the obvious of course ....?

TIA

Hrant

Uninstall it :D

Hrant said:
Ok, for those of us software challenged, I downloaded the latest version of Nestcape (7.2) and now it has taken over all my picture files. It seems to want to open them with Netscape and its limited menus and options. I can still import those pics using my digi camera software but Netscape was not the menu that opened them before.

Can I revert back to whatever I used to have? I looked into the Netscape 7.2 screen with options under preferences, nothing seemed to stand out. Right clicked on the shortcut on the desktop, again nothing. Am I missing something, the obvious of course ....?

TIA

Hrant

Hey, I am not that much out of it, I know that option ... ;)

Some websites ask you to have Netscape's latest version so I downloaded .......

I believe my previous default was MSN EXplorer. How do you choose that as a default option again? Is it in the ISP/Programs - HTML editor option?

One easy way of changing file type associations is to right click on the file type that you want to associate with. Then select OPEN WITH then click on the Choose Program button. There is a check box that you need to check that says something like "Always use this program for this file type" and then select the program you want to associate your images with. Next time you try to open up that file it should reassociate it.

If you are using a good image manager like Acdsee, it also has it in the options to reassociate file types.

Malibu Rapper said:
One easy way of changing file type associations is to right click on the file type that you want to associate with. Then select OPEN WITH then click on the Choose Program button. There is a check box that you need to check that says something like "Always use this program for this file type" and then select the program you want to associate your images with. Next time you try to open up that file it should reassociate it.

If you are using a good image manager like Acdsee, it also has it in the options to reassociate file types.

Great advice! Solved it :D

I owe you a small one, my first feedback of helpful post ..... ;)

Glad you worked it out. Personally, I use netscape exclusively now because I got tired of all the pop-ups using internet explorer. None of the pop-up blocker software worked as well as netscape does. Plus I love the "tabbed" browsing that netscape allows you to do.

hlweyl said:
Glad you worked it out. Personally, I use netscape exclusively now because I got tired of all the pop-ups using internet explorer. None of the pop-up blocker software worked as well as netscape does. Plus I love the "tabbed" browsing that netscape allows you to do.

If you like Netscape take a look at Mozilla - I've not tried Netscape 7.2 (that will change later today) but Mozilla is generally a bit faster and doesn't have some of the crap that Netscape forces you to install. Netscape is based on Mozilla, btw.

Back