• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nengun.com = goodness

Not sure if this counts since they are not a forum member, so admin please moves as you see fit.

I just wanted to let everyone know about Nengun Performance ( http://www.nengun.com/ ) if you are looking for a good deal on Japanese aftermarket parts. I am not affiliated in anyway, especially since they are in Japan and I am not.

I was looking for a Toda High Power timing belt and the cheapest I could find on any website is $250 and most places didn't even stock it. I figured the higher strength buys some insurance and some extra longevity which will stave off the next timing belt replacement by a couple of years maybe. Well, after a bunch of googling I found Nengun has it for $168. Even with international freight and the paypal charge (4%, $8.72 in my case), it was still way cheaper than just the belt from anyone in the US. While I was at it I got the Spoon Sports magnetic transmission and oil pan drain plugs ($30). So for a total of $227 ($232 charged to my card, currency conversion charge maybe?) I got the belt, the plugs, and international freight ($21) for less than the cost of the belt alone here.

Two warnings: 1) the belt was out of stock at first and it took about 3.5 weeks to process the order. However, once it shipped it came in just a few days and was delivered on Easter Sunday morning by USPS. So if you are not in a huge hurry and want to save some bucks, I recommend them.

2) if your order is over $200 check with your regional customs office to make sure you won't get hit with duties and make this a not cost effective option. http://help.cbp.gov/cgi-bin/customs...mNoX3RleHQ9bWFpbCBlbnRyeQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

You do need to register to see what your shipping costs are. It just takes a minute to pick a user name & password.
I hope someone out there gets some use out of this.

Back