Need wheel for a short period of time

Hi guys. I need a little help here. Tuesday evening all 5 studs on my left rear wheel sheared off at the hub. The car's at Sterling McCall being repaired ($$$$) right now. However, my rim was damaged beyond repair so I need to replace it. Unfortunately, SSR no longer manufactures the GT3 wheel so I've had to purchase a set on eBay. Needless to say, the bolt pattern does not match so I need adapters to install the new wheels (the new ones are not as wide as my current ones so I'll need to replace both rear wheels). I've got all this in the works but the dealership won't trim the existing studs at the face of the new adapters once they're installed so I need to borrow a wheel/tire combination so that I can transport (drive) the car to a wheel shop that will install the adapters, trim the original studs and mount the new wheels/tires. Does anyone here have one I can borrow. I have no spare as the Brembo big brake kit excludes the use of one so the car didn't have one when I purchased it. Also, anyone know of a wheel shop that I can get the adapters and wheels installed at? Preferable one around the west end of Houston so it's near where I love.

Thanks.

Dennis

Thanks Fastrunner, I would appreciate it. Since you have a set I'd really like to borrow the two rear wheels so that the dealership can align my new suspension members and then so I can drive the car to a wheel shop to have the new adapters and wheels installed. I'm currently working in Dallas during the week and home on weekends so I would need them for either a week and a half or two weeks and a half. During this time I would not be driving the car at all so I'd be putting very few miles on the tires. Basically I need to mount the tires at the dealership for alignment purposes, then drive the car either home (if my new wheels and adapters haven't arrived yet, I just ordered them today) for a week while I'm in Dallas and them drive the car to a wheel shop the following weekend.

Will this work for you?

Thanks very much.

Dennis

Thats sucks Dennis. I loved those wheels too.:frown: They looked great on your car. Glad it did'nt get into your quarter panels.

Last edited:
I'm currently working in Dallas during the week and home on weekends so I would need them for either a week and a half or two weeks and a half. Will this work for you?

Thanks very much.

Dennis

Sorry Dennis,

I'd love to help, but i thought that the short period of time would be like 3-4 days. Unfortunately, this set of wheels/tires is currently listed for sale on Prime. If there's a buyer, i don't know if they will be willing to wait up to 2 1/2 weeks for them.

Nick

I have a set of OEM 16/17 you can use. Tires are old. but drivable. I may have a set of 25" spacers as well. May have to dig through the garage to fine them. More than welcome to use them for as long as you need. Call me on my cell to arrange for pick up 832.723.5681

Great, thanks SpdRcr, if I need them I will definately give you a call. If so it will be this week. I've spoken to the dealership and it sounds like they're willing to install the spacers as song as the studs do not extend beyond the face of the adapter. If they do then the studs will need to be trimmed and they're not willing to do that at all. So if I bring the adapters to them and they bolt up without protruding then I'll just give them the new wheels/tires and we'll be good to go. But if they do protrude then I will need to borrow your rear wheels/tires so they can align the car and test drive it and then I can drive it to a wheel shop that will install the adapter and trim the studs.

I certainly appreciate the offer of assistance. Also, I appreciate your offer fastrunner. Unfortunately, the timing issue is beyond my control right now since I'm out of town during the week starting next week.

David, no worries as I found matching wheels on eBay and purchased them, just without the honda bolt pattern but once installed they'll look just like my old ones. I agree, I like them a lot too.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance and comments. It's great having a group of people willing to offer support when some is needed.

Dennis

Update: After receiving the adapters I realized that they certainly would require trimming of the studs which would be a problem. However, since I'd ordered them I was able to get the offset data from my damaged wheel. After doing the calculations I determined that I could use adapters 1/4" thicker then the ones I originally ordered so I purchased another set. Fortunately, these bolted right up without any protursion of my stock studs. So the dealership (Sterling McCall) was able to install them without any problem. They did have to order another set of lug nuts since all mine were gone with the studs (which I never thought to look for). So with all of that going on, I did not need to borrow any tires which certainly looked like it was going to be the case initially.

My thanks to Scott, SpdRcr and Fastrunner for offering me use of their wheels. I'm grateful for your consideration and happy that, ultimately, I did not need to make use of them after all.

BTW, the guys at Sterling McCall went WAY out of their way to be helpful to me during this whole fiasco including offering to stay open later to get my car into the shop the night the wheel fell off, personally delivering my car to my home because I'm working out of town during the week and in several other ways as well. I'm really grateful to them as well.

Thanks everyone.

Dennis

Dennis,

We are neighbors....you should have given me a ring! In fact, if you need, my OEM wheels are available.

Whenever you need them, even if I'm not home. I can give you my garage code and you can go grab them whenever you need.

- Z

Thanks Z, you're the best...!! I didn't know you had an extra set or I would have gone to you first. On the other hand, one of these days I still would like some help installing my new lower valence and HID headlights. I know you're in school and I'm working out of town during the week and even on some weekends which will make it tough to get our schedules to work but I still have hopes of getting that all done.....LOL!!

Have a great weekend.

Dennis

Back