Need the name of a nice Hotel on the beach in San Francisco area

Hello all you west coast NSX'ers. Would you please give me the name of some nice hotels in the San Francisco area that are on or very (very) near the Pacific ocean. Yes, it can be expensive since it's for my 18th anniversary. Thanks for your input.

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Do you know of another Green-Black roof NSX?? Please email me if you do.

Happy Anniversary
smile.gif

Ritz Carlton Resort in Half Moon Bay area http://www.ritzcarlton.com/resorts/half_moon_bay/
It has very nice golf area too.
You can use highway 1 to drive along the coast and see the view.

[This message has been edited by insx (edited 10 October 2002).]

Highlands Inn in Carmel is a bit nicer than the Ritz and has a spectacular ocean view and is near Laguna Seca. Also the restaurant at the Half Moon Bay Ritz sucks (by usual Ritz standards). If you golf, the Ritz might be a contender, though I'd suggest Carmel Valley Ranch for that avocation. Seascape near Santa Cruz has a nice ocean view and is actually pretty cheap. And if budget is really not an issue, get a room overlooking the 18th hole by the Pebble Beach Lodge - incredible ocean view! My personal favorite, especially during the Concours.

[This message has been edited by Number9 (edited 11 October 2002).]

Also the restaurant at the Half Moon Bay Ritz sucks (by usual Ritz standards

I don't know about that. My wife and I thought that the food at Navio (The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay) was quite good...and we've eaten at the Ritz in Kapalua, Laguna Niguel, Marina del Rey, Huntington, and San Francisco.

And the property there IS beautiful...I highly recommend staying there (and use their spa).

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Originally posted by akira3d:
I don't know about that. My wife and I thought that the food at Navio (The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay) was quite good...and we've eaten at the Ritz in Kapalua, Laguna Niguel, Marina del Rey, Huntington, and San Francisco.

And the property there IS beautiful...I highly recommend staying there (and use their spa).

I've eaten there thrice, ordered different things each time, and found it was mediocre each time. I've been to several others Ritz's as well, all better. The dining room at the SF Ritz in particular was WAY better.

Update - Navio recently hired a new chef, so hopefully, the dining room experience will now be up to snuff with the rest of the facility.

Back