Need some price advice. 2000 NSX-T

Hi everyone! Longtime NSX enthusiast here. I had a 91 that I sold to upgrade to a 2000. The car is red/tan and has 15k miles. Its always been part of a collection and never abused and rarely used. The car is truly mint. Mint in the sense that I have one set of driving floor mats and one set of never stepped on floor mats when its on display. I bought the car with a clean carfax/bill of health with 10k miles from another collector. Car has both its OE wheels and later 02-05 bigger OE wheels. And otherwise is stock and unmolested!

Anyway: my collection has swelled and I just have to cut something loose and the NSX is probably going to be it.

My question: I havent followed values the last few years. Where should I fairly price this car? Pics can be seen on my website for reference. breslowcollection dot com.

Thanks in advance for the advice

Eric

I would say 45-50g's
But Prolly closer to 50

Another question is how quickly do you want to make a sale?
If you want a quick sale then I am sure 45 should snag it quickly.
If you want 55-60g's then it may take some time...but In time there will be someone..as someone recently told me there is a ass for ever seat:biggrin:

Zaid

Ditto. 15k miles id say about 48k. For 50-55k you get an 02 up with 50k miles id guess.

For the car you're talking about I'd agree too wth one caveat - have you maintained the car? Has it been maintained? What's been done? - I wouldn't be too worried about a Timing belt but ....it is due. Some would worry abou it cause it's a time issue as well as mileage.

So sure it's worth top dollar if it's been maintained with brake flushes, oil changes once a year, other items - you see what scares a lot of folks with cars that have been in "collections" is the fact that they haven't been driven and kept up and when things sit for long periods of time they atrophy. Shouldn't be a lot of that but one might expect some and would surely think that he needed to change all the fluids and do some things to make sure the car is road worthy cause lots of people want to drive a car like this. I know I would. So if you want to sell it as is - then 45k or so - you want to go thru the car - closer to 50k.

Hope that helps

For the car you're talking about I'd agree too wth one caveat - have you maintained the car? Has it been maintained? What's been done? - I wouldn't be too worried about a Timing belt but ....it is due. Some would worry abou it cause it's a time issue as well as mileage.

So sure it's worth top dollar if it's been maintained with brake flushes, oil changes once a year, other items - you see what scares a lot of folks with cars that have been in "collections" is the fact that they haven't been driven and kept up and when things sit for long periods of time they atrophy. Shouldn't be a lot of that but one might expect some and would surely think that he needed to change all the fluids and do some things to make sure the car is road worthy cause lots of people want to drive a car like this. I know I would. So if you want to sell it as is - then 45k or so - you want to go thru the car - closer to 50k.

Hope that helps

+1 ^^ cause low miles doesnt mean much if it hasnt been maintained properly

Hi everyone! Longtime NSX enthusiast here. I had a 91 that I sold to upgrade to a 2000. The car is red/tan and has 15k miles. Its always been part of a collection and never abused and rarely used. The car is truly mint. Mint in the sense that I have one set of driving floor mats and one set of never stepped on floor mats when its on display. I bought the car with a clean carfax/bill of health with 10k miles from another collector. Car has both its OE wheels and later 02-05 bigger OE wheels. And otherwise is stock and unmolested!

Anyway: my collection has swelled and I just have to cut something loose and the NSX is probably going to be it.

My question: I havent followed values the last few years. Where should I fairly price this car? Pics can be seen on my website for reference. breslowcollection dot com.

Thanks in advance for the advice

Eric

I think we may have some confusion here. The way I read your statement is that you are trying to sell a 2000 NSX with 15k miles. Is that correct?

I would say 55-60k if the car has been well maintained.

So it sounds like you are selling a red/tan 2000 with 15K miles
(same year, color/color, mileage of the NSX I bought one year ago for 48K)

I'd estimate $48K-60K if the condition is at or near 100%

depends some on up to date maintenance based on age, not mileage

The 02+ wheels... add 2500 to the price or sell them separately in Market

Where is the car located?

Hi Guys:

Yes 15.8 to be exact. And although we have a medium sized collection I drive everything regularly and maintain everything regularly. I have always been an avid NSX prime forum reader. Have experiemented between synthetic and non in the gearbox. Always do oil. But I have not done timing chain because the car runs fantastic AND being stored in climate controlled facilities isnt subject to as much wear. I guess if you were buying this car with the intention on putting it into service for high miles I would do the timing chain.

This car has always been pampered. Never tracked. No paint work PERIOD. My crew that preps cars for the Quail does this car regularly and I LOVE to drive this car so its not a trailer queen. 1000 miles a year is probably dead on.

No wear on bolster and no creases in the leather that dont belong. And yes I have two sets of wheels. The correct wheels in storage 16/17 and the later wheels. Which are perfect. No road rash on anything.

Thanks for the advice!
Guess Ill sleep on it this weekend and bring it out at 50k (pretty fair it sounds)

Eric

Were I in the market I'd have to look mighty hard at this one. This the #1 color combo for red in my book. This is the way I wish the Zanardi came. Would love to see the pics - I'm sure it's a great car. Good luck with the sale!

I bought my 99 with 16k mile for mid 40's k and it had a couple small suspension tweaks. I would say mid high 40's should suit the car's price well. Something about 48-48.5 I would consider to be fair on both sides. Good luck with the sale!:smile:

The prices have been going up as of late (it seems). I bought my 2001 with 13k on it, with a clean history for 43k (that was two years ago). It needed the TB/WP done. I'd say for your car the other posters are spot on. Upper 40's to lower 50's. You could sell the extra wheels yourself (you may do better that way). Good luck.

A local stock Kaiser 99 w/16k went for 48 within nearly a week of listing it.

I would say list it for 50, sell the 02+ wheels separately.

At 50K it should sell quickly to another Primer

1 of 26 for the year in that color combo

1 of 45 in that color combo with popups, perf leather, newer ABS, etc

I would list it for 55-57k and not take a penny under 52k. If you are up to date-ish on all the maintenance, your car will sell in less than a week. GL

I would estimate the car's value to be around $48-50K with the original wheels that it came with. If the buyer intends to purchase the car with the 2002 wheels; an additional $2k would be appropriate :cool:

Since the timing belt and water pump have not been done, I would say $48K and sell the newer wheels separately unless the new owner wants them which would then bring the total price up to $50K.

If it is mint, $52-$55k. There just aren't any of these cars, in this color combo, with low miles around anymore. This may be the last chance someone looking for this specific car might have.

Good condition: $47-$49k.

Not to hijack this thread but I have a question

Why are 97-01 so hard to find specially specially 2000 and 2001

We see a lot of older model and quite a few of 02+
But why so little of the pre-facelift NA2?

Zaid

I would get rid of some of your other cars that you think are collectables.

keep the NSX I saw atleast 5 cars that are junk compared to the NSX

Why are 97-01 so hard to find specially specially 2000 and 2001

We see a lot of older model and quite a few of 02+

Zaid

It boils down to the production numbers:

2000-2001 produced only 450 NSXs

1997-2001 produced only 1254

By comparison Acura produced 3163 NSXs in 1991 and 1271 NSXs in 1992. Production from 1991 to 1996 was a total of 6833 cars (5x more then 97-01)

The 02-05 production total was 862 so I'm not sure why you see more of them for sale. Maybe because they're newer or because the owners of them saw the error of their ways and wanted the classic pop up head light look (sorry had to say it)

Why are 97-01 so hard to find specially 2000 and 2001

Honestly, because if we have one we likely don't want to sell it... and its a fairly rare event when a good one comes to market

happy hunting, we have all been there at some point

So it sounds like you are selling a red/tan 2000 with 15K miles
(same year, color/color, mileage of the NSX I bought one year ago for 48K)

I'd estimate $48K-60K if the condition is at or near 100%

depends some on up to date maintenance based on age, not mileage

The 02+ wheels... add 2500 to the price or sell them separately in Market

Where is the car located?

Agree with this estimate. 1997-2001 NSX's are some of the most desirable years for both a collector, and performance standpoint, and also agree that they are already beginning to appreciate in those model years.. A super clean one like yours with the classic body style 97-01 is a VERY tough find, and took me 2 years to find one myself. I guess $50-60k today and $60-65k one year from now. There is no comparing the NSX to a porsche, totally different sort of car.. A Ferrari 355 or 360 is more like it once behind the wheel, accept more reliable and less production in those model years..

Last edited:
What you have is a gem. I would't let it go too cheaply. Depends on how quickly you need / want the money. Low mileage pristine NSX's in that year are hard to come by - those that are looking will pay you a fair price for that car if you just are patient. I suspect you can get 50K to 55K for that beautiful NSX.

It seems to me that the market for these cars (especially) stock and low mileage is really starting to pick up again. Good luck with the sale, and please keep us posted. Jay

Back