Need some advice

My dream car is an NSX, I drive a integra right now that is paid off. My funds aren't that great - $12 per hour working in a mailroom.

I currently moved in with my folks to finish paying off my bills since my last apartment I couldn't afford becuase of all the little bills.

My goal is to pay off all my credit card and collection bills, then get another place then buy a new car.

I know my job isn't enough money to afford anything more than a civic, teg but I'm hoping on landing a job in the 40-50 range pretty soon and get a NSX.

When my plan is complete I'll just have morgage (I'll be getting a cheap condo) for around $500 a month, food light water, cell phone and car payment.

If I can bring in around $600 a week, I was thinking if I can land an NSX
http://www.dupontregistry.com/search/srDetails.asp?itemid=143666&sessionkey={C904420E-B8F2-4581-A61E-33E5227D9B63}

My friend just bought a Benz CL 500 2003 for big money but he's a programmer.

I know I might sound dumb but I just want some feedback.

FutureNSXpusha said:
My goal is to pay off all my credit card and collection bills, then get another place then buy a new car.
That sounds like a reasonable plan.

I would concentrate on doing things one step at a time. First pay off the bills, then save enough to buy a place, then save enough for a nice down payment on a car - and wait until then to decide what car to buy. You may find that you're better off buying a new car in the $16-22K range with a new-car warranty, than buying an old, high-mileage NSX for $25-30K on which you might need to spend thousands of dollars more on maintenance and repairs.

You don't sound dumb....you're like the rest of us, who want to have an incredible car and don't like to wait - that's pretty normal. :) However, there are a lot of steps to take before your spend your hard earned $$ on an NSX, as you and Ken have both noted. The nice thing is, there will never really be a shortage of great cars for you to choose from when you are truly ready, whether those are NSXs or something else. There are always people wanting to sell whatever it is you want to buy, so don't feel like you have to do it today.

Now if only I could follow my own advice! :D

Besides, there is a certain thrill in dreaming about something unattainable - sometimes it's even better than actually owning it.

Back