Need Quick Feedback JH4NA1186TT000289

Need Quick Feedback

Looking for information on JH4NA1186TT000289
1996 Black/Tan T Top with 50k miles
At dealer in PA outside Philly. If anyone has any info this one is in my range
Already have clean CARfax but wanted to know if anyone has looked this one over or has any prior experience?

Everyone has been really helpful with the 95 Red I have been investigating but that one looks like it might fall off the list based upon reports from the field.

Any input would be appreciated. Going to see the car tnite.

Thanks

If you would like a pre-purchase inspection, have it done at Davis Acura in Langhorne, PA. Their NSX tech, Bernie, is the best NSX tech on the entire East Coast.

Thanks for the advice

Langhorne is a bit far from Philly which is almost where the car is located.
I inspected it tonight and found the following:
Rubber gasket under T top slightly torn on passenger side (any ideas for repair?)
Rubber around t top holder over engine loose (best glue?)
Speaker grill covers torn at corners
When CD is playing radio display has green light bar slanted at top into display
Exterior is clean lines are relatively clean
Car handles fantastically
No fade or wobble in brakes
Tires in excellent condition
Clutch clean and precise ( i think the salesman almost passed out at least twice) when I took 25mph corners at 50 in 2nd gear
Alignment was fine at every speed no pull no drag in either direction
Went through checklist from FAQ and found all mechanicals to be fine.
Some misalignment of driver door (accident???) lines are not perfectly clean along middle ridge
Everything else matches perfectly

Looking at an excellent deal low $$$$$$$$$$

Any suggestions on this car and repair of the above items

or is this one to avoid????

:confused: :confused:

Thanks again for the input on the inspection

Hard to give an impression of a car from just a description,but your observations of loose or worn out rubber molding is interresting.I don't spend any extra time or care to the rubber moldings on my 96 and they are all fine and well atatched.In my mind when stuff like that is outa whack it usually means it was taken or pulled off for some reason(accident).That coupled with the misaligned door raises the flags.Only you can decide if these are acceptable tradeoffs vs $.You are doing the right thing though,kick as many tires as posible look at as many cars as you can and eventualy you'll find the one.

Thanks Again

Going to Rayco on Saturday
They reduced the price in line with some of the other cars I have seen. Still a bit high but if the car is what I want then the deal will be done.

Thanks again for the support and advice. After reading the FAQ on many of the issues I observed on the black 96 I decided to stay clear and look around some more. Reviewed 2 more today nothing special. The red/tan at Rayco is still attractive.

I'll let you know how it goes:eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope we can meet some time at a ralley in PA or NJ so I can thank you in person

:D

Black NSX-T

The was poorly maintained. Rubber around T-Top was torn the gasket around the engine was loose and falling off. the interior was dirty and stained. drivers side carpet was worn through,and the trunk had a stale almost waterlogged smell,the body panels on the drivers side were not properly aligned indicating a possible accident and a poor quality repair job, the front signal light was cracked and one headlight was out, the passenger side door vents were badly cracked and loose. The dealer was just outside of Philly (Montgomery Acura). They knew less about the car than I did. I took the car for a test drive and gave it a thorough workout. The only thing right about that car was that it handled well. I offered 37,5 but they refused to go below 39. Ended up with the NSX of my dreams from Rayco. Red 95 NSX-T which has handled like a dream. Just had the timing belt replaced as a precaution since i tend to wind the car way up every chance I get.

If this black NSX is the original car I started this thread with stay clear. It may have a clean carfax but it was an ugly mess and I think it had a tainted history.
Best of luck with your search
I searched for a few months, ebayed and autotradered
It is definitely worth waiting for the right car. When you find it please post a photo

There is only one car to drive!

Montgomeryville (not Montgomery) Acura is in Montgomeryville, about 20 miles north of downtown Philly. Davis Acura is in Langhorne, about 20 miles northeast of downtown Philly. The two dealerships are about a half hour from each other.

Back