Need opinions on this turbo'd NSX

My two cents is this:

Benefits of buying a used turbo'd car: you save lots of $$ over doing the turbo yourself as people are never able to fully recoup the cost of mods like this on resale.
Downsides of buying a used turbo'd car: it may have been run hard and put under serious strain that will result in a shorter life span.

As for the mileage, that is all subjective really. I would worry less about the number than how much strain it was put under. You could find a 20,000 mile turbo'd car that might be beat to hell.

So you can gamble, or get a thorough PPI done to check things out. You may also get a "vibe" from meeting the owner on how the car was handled that will give you more insight than any random post from a guy on the forum.

No matter what the case, good luck with the purchase!

I would want to see a build sheet...470hp seems like a lot of stress on a stock motor

Nice, already turbocharged for you. Highly recommend PPI as well. Getting a compression and checking if tune is good is not a bad idea (unless seller already provides). If all these are good, you got show AND go.

plus that stereo install looks horrible....lol

IMHO it is up to you. If it fits the bill with what you wanted to do in the future and saves you money after a complete PPI that passes. I would detune it to a lesser power range, knowing the capabilities of what was advertised. I'd never take the sellers word if they say they never beat on it (BS). Everything else is repairable and can be made to your liking.

The seller doesn't mention that the pillars were painted ['93s had black pillars]...I'd look for anything else that was painted.

Back