Need info on Houston-area Car

Here is my opinion on this car.

About two or three months ago, I talked w/ a person in Florida about potential purchase. He offered the car to me at $40,000. This same person has a few high end cars on EBAY, and all pictures are taken w/ the same background. The ebay listing was listed twice(it was edited) Before edit, the car history read something like this "the owner of this car cheated on his wife. her retailiation was to go around the car with a key."

When I talked to the guy over the phone (it was a 239 area code, tampa, miami-something like that) he told me that the car needed some fenders to be replaced and that he is going to have to "take it like a big boy and take the loss" because he said he spent $10k fixing the fenders.

The carfax looks okay though. Although the car seems brand new (very few miles), the conversion is very suspect. Why on earth would anyone convert a targa to a coupe? I can see someone converting from coupe to targa, although thats not a good idea either.

I decided to not go forward w/ the purchase, even with a price ~20% below market price.

I hope this helps. Please respond or PM if you have any questions.

Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
Same boat... except I actually sent the $40,000 to Nick (the guy in Tampa or whever it was)... then I found out about all the Targa vs Coupe things.

he offered to refund my $ but I stopped payment on the check faster..... it seemed pretty shady to me too...... his second auction did say the car had work done to it, but the one I saw did not say that.

I even had a guy check the car out and he said it was MINT++++..... but even at $40k my stomach couldn't take it... so I did not buy it.

goodluck.... it is potentially a great car or potentially a total nightmare.

NSXFreak00 said:
Here is my opinion on this car.

About two or three months ago, I talked w/ a person in Florida about potential purchase. He offered the car to me at $40,000. This same person has a few high end cars on EBAY, and all pictures are taken w/ the same background. The ebay listing was listed twice(it was edited) Before edit, the car history read something like this "the owner of this car cheated on his wife. her retailiation was to go around the car with a key."

When I talked to the guy over the phone (it was a 239 area code, tampa, miami-something like that) he told me that the car needed some fenders to be replaced and that he is going to have to "take it like a big boy and take the loss" because he said he spent $10k fixing the fenders.

The carfax looks okay though. Although the car seems brand new (very few miles), the conversion is very suspect. Why on earth would anyone convert a targa to a coupe? I can see someone converting from coupe to targa, although thats not a good idea either.

I decided to not go forward w/ the purchase, even with a price ~20% below market price.

I hope this helps. Please respond or PM if you have any questions.

Happy Hunting!

Back