Need info/advice on cylinder pressures

Been looking for the "right" NSX for a while now. Found one locally and had the local Acura dealer perform a compression test. Car has a 3.0 with S/C, headers, test pipes and manual tranny. Compressions were as follows:
Cold: 110/125/110/120/110/110
Hot: 110/130/115/125/115/115
This seems low but the tech said these were OK because they were within 15%. What did mid 90's NSX's leave the factory with and what would a good, used example be expected to read?
Nice forum, first time/ long time and Thanks!

That seems a little low. I bought my NSX in 2004. It was a 1991 NSX with 5K miles on it. I also had it compression check and all cylinders were over 200! It barely was driven...I am suspicious of your numbers. Be careful. I would recommend that you talk with Vasos at AOB in Milwaukee.

That is extremely low. I wondering if he did them correctly.

It's true that having numbers within 15% is important, but those numbers are very low.

I've done compression tests myself on 4 NSX. Here are the numbers:

All were done with warm engine.

NSX 1: 200 across the board
NSX2: 190/190/190/195/190/190
NSX3: 180/180/185/180/180/180
NSX4: 180/180/185/180/180/105 (I suspect the 105 is due to a bent exhaust valve)

Been looking for the "right" NSX for a while now. Found one locally and had the local Acura dealer perform a compression test. Car has a 3.0 with S/C, headers, test pipes and manual tranny. Compressions were as follows:
Cold: 110/125/110/120/110/110
Hot: 110/130/115/125/115/115
This seems low but the tech said these were OK because they were within 15%. What did mid 90's NSX's leave the factory with and what would a good, used example be expected to read?
Nice forum, first time/ long time and Thanks!

Anything under 165 is considered low, have them perform open throttle compression test.

Update/ Closure

Thanks to all for responses. Not right to start a thread and not close it so here's the scoop:

My brother is a friend of Cody and Devin in MI and has been trying to get me to buy an NSX for a while. This particular NSX was listed for sale here by Acuraruca. The #'s didn't seem right to either myself or Acuraruca so he did comps himself and all tested out ~ 212. Conversations with him gave me a great sense of faith and confidence so we got the deal done.

My oldest son and I drove to St Louis early last Friday morning to pick up the NSX and drive it back to Cincinnati. What a platform Acura created and what a great vision Brian had to enhance it. Meeting him in person was a nice experience, a real quality guy! I now better understand the passion for the NSX- especially here on NSX Prime- after the 360 mile trip straight home. This NSX made 350 on the dyno and delivered a little over 21.5 mpg for the 75 mph (mainly...) trip home. The BBSC was rock solid as well as potent and the AEM FIC that took care of managing affairs did a great job as well. I drove directly into my garage to pull the codes that I was sure would be there with a modded powertrain and got... none.

As with everything in our modern world, believe none of what you read (like Acura tech's comp test) and only half of what you see. Do your homework then trust your gut and buy an NSX from someone, like Acuraruca, who can make you feel comfortable with their integrity and confident in their abilities.

Back