Need help with car decision

Ever since I worked for Acura a long time ago I always wanted an NSX.

Now that I am actually in the market for a vehicle I am having a hard time convincing myself to get one base soley on the fact that is severly underpowered.

I was orignally looking at spending about $50-60 on a car. Then I noticed the lease deal on the 04 NSX.

My first thoughts where to get a used M5, new Audi S4, lease a Jag XKR, 05 Vette C6, or caddy CTS-V

I am so lost as to what to do now....lol

I currently have a 2000 Accord EX coupe and 1991 Mark VII LSC.

Any help is very much appreciate!!

I'd suggest you actually drive a new NSX before you dismiss it as severely underpowered. Get over the hp numbers obsession, the NSX is still faster than most, and far more desirable than any
of the other cars you listed.

I think 04 NSX is on per or faster than most of the vehicles you listed. But as guys above say, you don't know until you drive it. Hear the engine whirl behind your head and it'll bring smile to you. At least it did to me. Not saying NSX is the best car out there for everyone but you just might like it.

roninasauna said:
Ever since I worked for Acura a long time ago I always wanted an NSX.

Now that I am actually in the market for a vehicle I am having a hard time convincing myself to get one base soley on the fact that is severly underpowered.

I was orignally looking at spending about $50-60 on a car. Then I noticed the lease deal on the 04 NSX.

My first thoughts where to get a used M5, new Audi S4, lease a Jag XKR, 05 Vette C6, or caddy CTS-V

I am so lost as to what to do now....lol

I currently have a 2000 Accord EX coupe and 1991 Mark VII LSC.

Any help is very much appreciate!!

Of the cars you mentioned, the NSX will accelerate and handle right there with the best of them.

Don't be fooled by the NSX's power. How many cars with 290hp do you that can go 0-60 in under 5 seconds??

Test drive em. If you need a family car, get the M5, if you need a 'me too' car, get the vette, if you need a rare yet underpowered family sedan, get the S4, if you need an old fart sports car (hehe) get the caddy. I like the XKR but they're still very common and none of those car have the style or the beauty that comes with the NSX in my opinion.

agree about everything being said regarding the NSX.. it is and has always been my first choice :)

I was looking at that $799 lease on the 04' and noticed a limit of only 7.5k miles per year???? wow.. seems it's not worth it just for that alone.....

I have an automatic and it is a blast to drive. A lot of fun accelerating from zero around turns. The rear keeps planted so well and the tires never spin plus it is easy to correct it. Over the ten years I've had it I think I've learned how to drive it and have tons of fun with no power.

roninasauna said:
agree about everything being said regarding the NSX.. it is and has always been my first choice :)

I was looking at that $799 lease on the 04' and noticed a limit of only 7.5k miles per year???? wow.. seems it's not worth it just for that alone.....

You must ask yourself, what other car can I lease for $799/month for 36month that is worth about 80K new??? (You can't even lease a 50K Boxter for that, so forget about the 911 which is around 80K)

I can tell you the answer.... NONE

That is why I got my 04 NSX and spend the extra money on MODs and safe a little for the over milage payment, but even if you drive 15K/year, it is still less than $100 more a month you need to put aside.

Just my thought..

awsomr1 said:
You must ask yourself, what other car can I lease for $799/month for 36month that is worth about 80K new??? (You can't even lease a 50K Boxter for that, so forget about the 911 which is around 80K)

I can tell you the answer.... NONE

That is why I got my 04 NSX and spend the extra money on MODs and safe a little for the over milage payment, but even if you drive 15K/year, it is still less than $100 more a month you need to put aside.

Just my thought..

had not thought of it that way... you are correct.

As far as mods go... it's a lease vehicle, I didn't think you could tinker with the car in any way as it would not only be against the lease contract but also void the factory warranty???

roninasauna said:
had not thought of it that way... you are correct.

As far as mods go... it's a lease vehicle, I didn't think you could tinker with the car in any way as it would not only be against the lease contract but also void the factory warranty???

As you can see, I had done a few mods since I got the car, but all of which are reversible, which is good if I do not want to keep it after 3 years, but after enjoying the car for the last 5 month, I think I just might keep this one.

I went thru lease cars left and right, for the last 10 years I went thru 9 BMWs, but none of which make me want to keep it. This might be the one for me.

As for warrenty issue, I did not mess with the engine or the electronics, so it should be ok (I think)

Re: Re: Need help with car decision

Brian2by2 said:
if you need a rare yet underpowered family sedan, get the S4

Since when is a 340 hp V8 in a compact sedan "underpowered"? And since when is an S4 rare?

It has to be hard to say the S4 is underpowered and then brag on a 270 hp NSX, no?

stormrider said:
you shut up lonfast! you got a vette for the power department! trader :D

Hey! I bought the Vette for my Dad. Now that the ac in the X is out and we have a heat index of 108, and he didn't want it anymore, Yeah I drive the vette to work. :D But I drive the X everywhere else.:p I guess you lived up to your name this weekend huh, Stormrider!

JimK said:
I'd suggest you actually drive a new NSX before you dismiss it as severely underpowered. Get over the hp numbers obsession, the NSX is still faster than most, and far more desirable than any
of the other cars you listed.

Precisely stated Mr.JimK. A typical car will take 30 minutes to drive across town. My NSX does the same distance in 10 minutes. And you will still get twice as many women despite less time on the road. :D

Back