need help selling my car

After having my car up for sell for about 1 1/2 months and not being able to sell it, I am wondering what I should do. I've had it in the local paper as well as autotrader.com. The response has been pretty low, occasional phone calls and emails, but to no avail. I know the price is about right, its a 94 Green/tan with 64K miles and in excellent cconditon inside and out. Clean title, no accidents and just a few minor scratches. I am asking $35K, blue book lists it at $35 and NADA at $39K. I need to get rid of it to pay some bills and am consdiering consigning it to a dealership, does anyone have any experience doing this, and should I check with the local Acura dealership, or should I consign it with a high-end dealership such as the Jaguar or Mercedes dealership? Any help would be great, I live in the Las Vegas area.

Todd

The price will sell the car. I personally I think $35 is a little high for 64k miles. If you want more inquiries, lower your price. Even if you have to stick to your lowered asking price (no bargaining room,) atleast you will get more inquiries.

97+ models with 3.2's and targas have started selling for only $5k more than your asking. From a buyers perspective, that would be something I'd be considering.

Not to sure about consigning to dealerships, that may help. I'd first try lowering the price to around $31k and see what happens.

(recently saw a 94 w/ 50k and no paint work wholesale for $27k)

I agree with the above.

I have been looking at 94s for a few months, and a 60k mile, clean 94 will sell for 28-30 all day long, but they seem to get stuck above 31,000.

There is a 94 that runs on e-bay with 66,000 miles. I have seen the car and talked to the prior owner. Very well maintaned and no paintwork. The dealer has had a million offers at 30,000, but the seller wants 32,000. The car has been for sale for almost 6 months.

Thanks for the replys, I spoke to the Acura dealership and they do not take consignments. I thought they might, because when i listed my car on autotrader.com i got about 30 calls within a week from small used car lots asking me to consign with them, but i would never consign with a small lot. I will probably lower it to 33K and if i dont sell it at that i will probably just keep it. Remember I live on the west coast where cars sell for more than they do in the midwest and the south.

Todd

64K is well above average mileage for a '94 NSX. Median mileage on NSXs is around 5K miles/year.

Blue book and NADA are not particularly accurate for NSX pricing. The Pricing section of the FAQ is better. This car belongs in category C and the chart shows its value as $30-35K.

There are a lot of things you don't mention about the car - whether it has had the timing belt and water pump replaced, whether it is a five-speed - that can also affect its value.

I don't think you can count on the car selling for a lot more than other parts of the country.

Originally posted by Bilulan
97+ models with 3.2's and targas have started selling for only $5k more than your asking.

For $40K? Only if they're extremely high mileage (100K+) and/or really beat up and/or salvage title - which means they're not directly comparable to this one.

Originally posted by Andymi
There is a 94 that runs on e-bay with 66,000 miles.

I don't consider eBay an accurate barometer of selling prices. Cars tend to sell for less on eBay, due to a perception of additional risk.

Back