Need help on Interior Choice: silver or black?

For every person that says silver is cool, there will be one that says black is cooler. I personally have the silver interior and love it because it is unique, and breaks up all the black of the interior. For years, black was one of only two options for the NSX interior. There are a lot of black interior NSXs out there. Not many silver. But, that's just my opinion. There will be many good arguments for the black interior. I love black interiors. I found they showed dust a lot more than lighter colors, but I love them. You could get puke colored interior in this car and it will still be the nicest car you've ever had. Good luck. Get that car and enjoy!!! Happy VTECing!!

supra2nv said:
Ok, buying a silverstone '02 NSX (maybe). Do you think the Silver interior is cool or the Black? I am going nuts on this decision. Black interior is higher a little higher mileage though (2k more miles).

Here are examples, not the actual cars I am considering:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5337&item=4546480810&rd=1 Silver Silver ??

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5337&item=4546227838&rd=1 Silver Black??

Thanks!

If silver exterior is only choice I like silver leather. What about a 2005 lease at $799.00 a month save your cash only 3 to 4K down. There is a blue with black in NJ.Call Mike at Bridgewater Acura

I too am a fan of black interior. It's my favorite, but........that silver interior is awesome. It looks so clean and sexy. I'm very impressed and I didn't even know they made that color interior for the silver nsx's. Very nice. Goes well with the car.

Black

My vote is for the black interior. I prefer the contrast with the Silverstone exterior. The silver interior is nicel, but I prefer the classic black look. I would also think it will be easier to sell the car in the future with the black interior.

personally, i bought silverstone/black and am very happy with it. i had a supra that was gray/gray and prefer the color contrast on the nsx.

rk

This is the problem with these threads. Everybody always says they would get whatever it is that they have. It's like asking, "What kind of pizza do you like best??" There isn't any wrong answer, it's just personal preference. Black is what most everyone has. Some have silver, blue, and even yellow and orange leather from 2002+. I doubt any color hurts resale value. I mean, if you buy an orange car, then orange leather isn't going to make too big a difference. Which, by the way, is a pretty cool combo. I didn't like it at first, but has grown on me. All this thread is really going to do is be an informal poll, because most people just will tell you that what they have is what you should get. Get whatever you want and enjoy it. The important thing is that you get it.

I have an '05 Silverstone/Black and am happy with it. However, the silver interior looks okay too. If you're leaning toward the black, then go with the black if there's only a 2k miles difference.

Doc C said:
For every person that says silver is cool, there will be one that says black is cooler.

I think the ratio would be decidedly black as opposed to silver. It's a more conservative choice. But then again, NSX is not about conservative choices!

BTW - I have red with black and REALLY wanted a black with red interior. I found one place that had an 04 that they would not let go, one place that had just sold theirs 30 days prior and at least one place where the salesman told me they usually pick color combinations that would sell. Which meant the black with red interior was not something he thought they could sell.

Doc C said:
It's like asking, "What kind of pizza do you like best??" There isn't any wrong answer, it's just personal preference. Black is what most everyone has. Some have silver, blue, and even yellow and orange leather from 2002+. I doubt any color hurts resale value. I mean, if you buy an orange car, then orange leather isn't going to make too big a difference. Which, by the way, is a pretty cool combo. I didn't like it at first, but has grown on me. All this thread is really going to do is be an informal poll, because most people just will tell you that what they have is what you should get. Get whatever you want and enjoy it. The important thing is that you get it.

Sorry to pick on you Doc ...

I would disagree on the color preference hurting resale value. I think (again, only my opinion) that anything other than black would reduce your potential buyer list when it comes time to sell. That in turn would mean a reduced value. Assuming you sell ...

Oh and sausage and pepperoni for me. :)

My preference is black interior. I have learned my lesson with lighter interior color - gets dirty too quickly...and the seat belt made a black stain on the upper shoulder. All my future car will be black interior...unless it doesn't come with black option.

I can't get excited about a silver interior. I'd get black.

I also wonder why only certain combinations are available,
even on special order. Maybe Honda thinks that other combinations
are so tasteless that they refuse to let their car be seen looking
like that.

Me, I would like an imola orange with red interior.

Black would be better if you planning to get type S seats since they look light functional and supporting. I really like black better but i'd go with silver. I just hate the warm summer seats and worst of all the heating and cracking on the leather :eek:

How hot would the silver get after a day in the sun? Being in california i would imagine the black seats would get too hot to sit in,if you were wearing shorts.Plus as mentioned earlier,you would become part of an even more elite group if you went with the silver.

I personally love contrast of interior–exterior.
So personally I'd choose black.

Like, orange leather, I'd buy in a white or black car, not an orange car...a-la 350Z.
Red leather I'd buy black (my favorite color combo ever). Just my opinion... I've never seen the silver leather in person, is it metallic at all? or just grey?... could be cool!..

great part is, there is no wrong decision, cuz you're buying an NSX!

I perfer light color interiors because it takes more effort to keep them clean. Sounds strange? Well it is the tan skin theory. I think light color interiors which are clean look richer than dark colors. A dark color interior will also show wear sooner and eaiser than light color too.

No offense intended to anyone but I don't like the silver interior on the NSX. To my eyes, the leather actually looks cheaper in silver (almost like vinyl) than any other color.

Black is tough on the rump in the sun but it's classic, simple, and IMO, looks a lot better.

But that's just me.

Oh and Canadian bacon and pineapple for me please. :tongue:

whealy said:
I think the ratio would be decidedly black as opposed to silver.

Of course the ratio would be that way. Probably 75-80% of all NSXs have black interior because for years they only offered black or tan. Apparently Honda has no problem regarding sales since they offered all different colors of leather for the NSX. They obviously saw a large enough market to offer these options as opposed to just black and tan. There is absolutely no evidence that a particular OEM color of leather interior causes a decline in value. When Honda does a lease, do they adjust the residual because an NSX has orange leather vs. black?? My point was that anyone who would buy an orange car, probably wouldn't mind the orange leather etc. I argue that the market for an OEM orange/orange combo would be much larger than the market for an NSX with a widebody kit, or huge spoiler on its tail. Yet a lot of NSXers mod there cars everyday (I will be too!!). Gray leather, charcoal leather, or silver leather, whatever you want to call it has been on a myriad of different vehicles for years. The gray colored leather in the Lexus line is VERY popular. Again, I can't believe this forum has thread after thread of personal preference debates going on that serve no purpose as far as advancing the knowledge of the NSX. Technical questions and opinions on exhausts etc. are excellent, but people asking, "Do you like red or blue?" serve no purpose but to clog the forum. What if there was a section on NSXprime that just had polls, or color questions etc.?? Then all of the, "Should I paint my calipers cadmium yellow, or alizarian crimson???" questions would be in one area!!
Oh yeah, Pepperoni and green pepper!!! :smile:

well, I saw the two in person, and I liked the Silver more. Looks more like a graphite color than anything. almost black at night, but graphite in the day. i liked the combination with the silverstone exterior. Black, was just black. nothing to it. Tried something different this time. Exotic interior for an Exotic car:)

If you plan on keeping the car, go black. I've had interiors before that are obscure colors and while it was cool to start, it killed me in the long run. Eventually they wear and you need replacement pieces, you'll never find silver replacements down the road.

If you just plan on keeping it for a few years, get whatever floats your boat.

robr said:
If you plan on keeping the car, go black. I've had interiors before that are obscure colors and while it was cool to start, it killed me in the long run. Eventually they wear and you need replacement pieces, you'll never find silver replacements down the road.

If you just plan on keeping it for a few years, get whatever floats your boat.
I disagree about finding silver leather in the future.I went to a really small firm(workshop the size of a one car garage) and they had a sample of silver leather there.I would think Honda would be able to provide parts for the NSX for quite a few years after it is discontinued.

Just telling you my experience, I had a '90 300zxtt with a maroon interior (90 was the only year this color was offered and it was only offered with white exterior).

You'd think it would be easy to find matching leather for maroon. Not so, I was building an IASCA competition vehicle and the leather was absolutely impossible to get 5 years after they stopped doing maroon. None of the shops I worked with could match it (I sent out samples to shops all over the US, including specialty restoration shops) and even had one of the Zcar club guys in Japan try to hunt it down at the source Nissan used.

The maroon plastic interior panels were even tougher. I had to buy black and have them painted. Overall the results were decent, but the amount of money and time I had to spend to get there was absolutely absurd. I will never, ever choose a rare interior color again. In the end when I sold the car, I lost even more money because I couldn't get the stock pieces I needed in the right color to return the car to stock.

With the NSX, the seat bolsters wear, you want to chance you can get the EXACT color if they ever need repairs? You may end up having to do over both seats if you can't find something perfect.... then you're faced with something that wouldn't be 'stock' any longer (if that's important to you, and you plan on keeping the car).

Just something to think about, that's all...............

Back