Need help Nsxers

Well I finally saw an Nsx on the road for the first time in 3 months, an imola/imola one. So I followed it into a Honda dealership and talked to the driver. Seems like they were selling it, a 2002 with 9k miles for $75k. It looked really good so I asked him what he can do with my Nsx and the financials.
I bought my 1997 red/blk in september with 25k miles for $51k out the door and it was Acura certifed from Bridgewater Acura. I kinda bought it without much inspection as the seller was pretty honest. He showed me how the front had a few chips and they did not repaint the front. He said it had a scratch on the passenger side that they repainted. There is overspray in the passenger well as the Honda guy pointed out. He said it wasn't bad and he'll take the Nsx anyways. He did blue book and said he an get it for 40k.

So my questions to the Nsx community:

1. What do you think of the deal?
2. Can you get a 02 for a better price?
3. Should I inquire more about my overspray situation. Man, I guess I was too happy when I saw the 97 goin for under 50k whic was my budget at the time that I wouldn't let anything deter me frome gettin my Nsx.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
i think you can get it for a better price. I'm working up lease packages with a dealer for one of their brand new 02s. In order to beat the 03 package that Acura is offering he has to sell the car for like 73 grand. That is for a brand new one.

-Steve

I also think you can get a better deal, it's not the worst deal in the world but it could be better. I know of a couple of brand new 02 NSX's that were being offered by the dealers at $75K but they're out of state and could be harder to work out the details on a trade, etc. There's also an 03 Orange/Orange on ebay right now that qualifies for the lease deal. It seems to me the car you are looking at is a little overpriced and they are not giving you top dollar for you 97. NADA trade-in seemed to be ~42K for a 97 NSX (not a T) plus the low mileage (I figured 35K) made it almost $45K, with the somewhat soft market, maybe figure a couple thousand lower. Granted the 02 should book for closer to 80K, 2 things are in your favor - The 03 lease special and the fact that dealers are unloading new 02's for mid 70's. I would guess the market is still strong for your 97 and it has low miles (don't know where it's at now but I assume still fairly low). I guess it depends on how bad you want the car. If it were me, I'd sit down with the dealer (actually go in there for this) and work them a bit and see what they can REALLY do on the car and if they don't budge, get up and walk away...more than likely they'll chase after you with a better deal. Worst case, if you decide you can't live without that car, you can take their deal in the end...but I'd try not to go in with that mindset...or at least don't let them know that!

Just my .02 on your situation.

Andy
03 Blue/Onyx

Back