Need Help!!!! GETTING A NSX

hey guys,
im new to this forum, but it looks like you guys are pretty helpful. ive currently set my mind on getting an NSX. ive been looking for a good sports car in the $20000-30000 range...and looks like the NSX is the best choice for me (if not tell me what to get...lol). Amazing classy looks, great out of the box everything, good aftermarket support and not a true ricer. ive always like Euro cars, i have a bmw 3 series, porsche 944 turbo, and 911 carbiolet....but now i need a change...

ok so i was wondering if you guys could give me a few things to look out for, and price ranges..... like what would the best year NSX be for me to buy peferrebly mid $20k. hope you guys can help. thanks in advanced.

Let me say, that if you find a good NSX, like a 91, for around 27k with maintenance performed, like timing-belt and clutch, then you've found a good deal. Any NSX below that price you will be getting something that is in need of repair, which will then bring you back up to the average price. All in all, you will end up paying around 30k when all is said and done, when you are on the road and happy. You'll be much happier if you find one that has had the maintenance done, is in good shape and a bit more than you’d like to pay. My 0.02.

Thom said:
Let me say, that if you find a good NSX, like a 91, for around 27k with maintenance performed, like timing-belt and clutch, then you've found a good deal. Any NSX below that price you will be getting something that is in need of repair, which will then bring you back up to the average price. All in all, you will end up paying around 30k when all is said and done, when you are on the road and happy. You'll be much happier if you find one that has had the maintenance done, is in good shape and a bit more than you’d like to pay. My 0.02.

agreed, if you are looking for info I found the FAQ (link above) to be extremely useful when I was first getting serious about picking an nsx up... that is why it's there :tongue:

Thanks Thom and scorp....yea thats what i was thinking would happen, but im still gunna keep my eyes open for something in the mid 20k...so im probly gunna be looking at a '91 or '92.
agreed, if you are looking for info I found the FAQ (link above) to be extremely useful when I was first getting serious about picking an nsx up... that is why it's there

any thing i should look out for when getting a used, like any comman mechanical problems or nething on the earlier NSX's??? and whats the main difference between earlier NSX's and the late 90's???

The FAQ is very helpful for general questions, like the ones you are asking. Trust me, before I took the plunge, I read the FAQ over and over. I was set on purchasing the car that kind of fell into my lap anyway, but wanted to know the basics of NSX purchase and ownership.

After reading the FAQ, I searched this forum to find answers to most further questions I had. NSXPrime is a great resource. I plan to make a donation in the near future.

ok guys thanks alot.....ill def read the faq some more...i checked it out and it seems pretty help ful.

thanks for your help and hopefully ill be able to join the NSx club soon!!!!

Back