Need help from NY members

I ordered a watch for my girlfriend from a company in NYC for Christmas. The watch came, but was not exactly what I ordered, so I sent it back on 12/17 next day air. I called the company the same day and spoke with someone named Mitch who said as soon as they recieved it, the correct watch would be sent next day air so it would be here before Christmas. Christmas comes, and no watch. Still no watch and they seem to be avoiding my emails and have somehow blocked my phone number. All I can get is an answering service. I have not been able to contact them since the 17th. I would appreciate if someone in the area could call them to see if the call goes through. It's hard enough having to explain why my girlfriend just got a picture of a watch for Christmas! Thanks in advance for any help. The numbers are
1-800-773-6717, 917-213-4369 and 917-213-2189

James

The 917 numbers are issued to cell phones/pagers in NY. Both numbers are not receiving messages.

The 800 number is "busy."

Hopefully, you used a credit card and you should reverse the charges.

Do you have a name & address for the vendor?

Bob

I was getting a busy from the 800 as well. The cell phone numbers were given to me by the employee I spoke with. Its good to know that its not just me getting no answer. It is called Watch LLC. and the package had the address 295 Greenwich St. #123 NY, NY 10007 on it.

I used to live near there and if my memory serves me correctly, I believe that address may be a residential building. My guess is that you are dealing with people working a business out of their apartment.

How did you find them? Was it an internet site?

Yes, it was an internet site. My girlfriend wanted a nice watch,. but didnt want me to spend alot on a designer one, so she suggested a site her ex-roommate ordered a replica swiss watch from. It is www.goreplicas.com. It sounds like I may have been scammed, but her old roommate was very pleased with the watch she recieved and the one I ordered arrived quickly, but had the wrong band on it. Looking back, I should have just kept it.

Here is the domain registry info for that website:

Registrant:
Vivane Maney
304A - 219 Dufferin St.
Toronto, Ontario M6K 3J1
Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: GOREPLICAS.COM
Created on: 10-Sep-02
Expires on: 10-Sep-04
Last Updated on: 24-Jun-03

Administrative Contact:
Maney, Vivane [email protected]
304A - 219 Dufferin St.
Toronto, Ontario M6K 3J1
Canada
4165358672 Fax --
Technical Contact:
Maney, Vivane [email protected]
304A - 219 Dufferin St.
Toronto, Ontario M6K 3J1
Canada

A further search of this website shows the following domain registry info for the other website that "recommends" this one:

Administrative Contact:
Mui, Pan Yu [email protected]
No 5 Street
Wa Shine Town, Guangzhou 183213
CN
+86.13167988444
Technical Contact:
Domain, Direct [email protected]
96 Mowat Avenue
Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
CA
+1.4165350123 Fax: +1.4165312516

It is not surprising that you are dealing with companies outside of the U.S. in light of the fact that they are marketing counterfeit watches. The source for the watches obviously is wary of trademark infringement problems and seems to be using locals working from residences to finalize the sales.

You still may be dealing with someone from whom you may receive the goods/reimbursement but hopefully you used a credit card for the purchase.

Salemtech said:
295 Greenwich St. #123 NY, NY 10007 on it.

That is a MailBoxes, Etc. box address (now UPS Store). Surprise surprise.

Holy cow, I just looked at their website. Counterfit watches that START around a thousand dollars and go up quickly from there? You've gotta be kidding!

A further "red flag" would be their payment requirements. Either Western Union or COD unless the purchase is under $500 which is their limit for credit cards. Considering the fact that most of the watches exceed $1000, it would be the rare purchase that would qualify for use of a credit card which would give the buyer the most protection.

Back