Need help finding a car please

my original thread

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132335

Well i upped my spending enough to cover a 02-05 car now. pickins are very slim out there so if anyone comes across a NON BLACK Exterior w/BLACK Interior 6 speed that is priced right or negotiable please let me know.

I have found several and have even put offers in on some but it just seems like people feel they will get more than its work so they ask 10k more and get defensive when you put a fair offer. (or in atleast one case has sold about 6 months ago for 10k less with less mileage)

would anyone here buy a Salvage or Flood Damaged car? if so how much under the normal value/price should i pay since i will not be able to unload it easily in the future when its time to move on.

Don't buy a salvaged and especially not a flood damaged car! I don't know how long you've been looking but hang in there it will come for the right price. Don't get too anxious.

Don't buy a salvaged and especially not a flood damaged car! I don't know how long you've been looking but hang in there it will come for the right price. Don't get too anxious.

thats what i was thinking, i have just been getting an itch.

as for looking, i have been looking for atleast 6 months but only started asking the board a few months ago. recently decided to just bite the bullet with the pricing to get an 02+ in Mint condition.

I have already put offers in on several, BUT these are dealers who just said no we will get our asking price. so i have passed. There is one prime member i was talking to but he said he has someone coming to look at his car from another state for his asking price. so i am waiting to see what happens with that one.

so far i have looked/put offers on an 04 w/2k miles an 04 with 7k miles and am thinking of an offer on a 05 with 14k miles.

Many many many primers have waited long long months for their car recently i saw a couple at almost 2years and then some to find the car that was worth waiting for. I am currently at just above a year and have seen some decent ones, but not what I want:biggrin:
As I have read time and time again its worth the wait to get the one that you want. You may spent a couple pennys more then you orignally thought but later if you are looking to sell will pay HUGE dividens.

True, time helps .. personally I was ready to offer 34K for a 93 .. waited 10 months and ended up with a 97, of course for a lot more than 34 but I am glad I waited :)

Oscar

thats what i was thinking, i have just been getting an itch.

as for looking, i have been looking for atleast 6 months but only started asking the board a few months ago. recently decided to just bite the bullet with the pricing to get an 02+ in Mint condition.

I have already put offers in on several, BUT these are dealers who just said no we will get our asking price. so i have passed. There is one prime member i was talking to but he said he has someone coming to look at his car from another state for his asking price. so i am waiting to see what happens with that one.

so far i have looked/put offers on an 04 w/2k miles an 04 with 7k miles and am thinking of an offer on a 05 with 14k miles.
What is your price range? From the other thread, it looks like 30-40k. Being a new owner (seriously looked for ~12 months) and talking to other new owners, that range should be 40-55k for an '02+, especially ones in mint condition. Even '97-'02s will be 35-45k depending on condition. Unless you live in California, where I've seen better deals about 5k less than the rest of the US, anything less than 45k for an '02+ will be snatched up fast (bought mine within 10 days of posting, and there was already another potential buyer).

What is your price range? From the other thread, it looks like 30-40k. Being a new owner (seriously looked for ~12 months) and talking to other new owners, that range should be 40-55k for an '02+, especially ones in mint condition. Even '97-'02s will be 35-45k depending on condition. Unless you live in California, where I've seen better deals about 5k less than the rest of the US, anything less than 45k for an '02+ will be snatched up fast (bought mine within 10 days of posting, and there was already another potential buyer).

I will call my price range "open" . i have already offered $60k on a car but it was declined. so i will just say the car and how i feel about it dictates what i will spend.

Well when it comes to being mint, if you can learn to live with a fews scratches/dings, you could save your self tons of money, and use that money to fix those issues that are eating you up inside. read this article its will give you all the info you need on making your choice. hope it helps

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/includes/htup_0810_acura_nsx_buyers_guide/index.html

yup already looked at it, twice :)

I also talked to LarryB and will have him do the PPI on anything i buy locally but it seems other than one car there isnt much along the lines of "local"

Last edited:
Back