need car info asap JH4NA1187ST000235

car is playing at iaai auction tomarrow morning sold at copart 3 weeks ago driven 300 miles now in now its at iaai vin # JH4NA1187ST000235 motor bad ?? its listed theft vandilizm

That's my stolen NSX that was recovered after the Insurance paid out

Sorry I didn't see this posting earlier - but that's my stolen '95 NSX-T that was recovered after the Insurance paid out. The car was stolen out of my driveway overnight about 8 weeks ago and recovered the day after the insurance paid out and they took over ownership. I was told that it was recovered in a chop shop sting operation just before it was going to be chopped.

The car should have around 75K miles on it. I was told that my car was recovered intact with minor damage: The antenna was broken off and the rear reflector by the trunk latch with the NSX logo was knocked off.

Despite having a CA salvage title hung on it as a theft recovery, the car was never wrecked, and never raced, and had two legitimate owners (myself and the original owner who was a famous Apollo 8 astronaut named William Anders). He had the car from '95 to 2003, and I had it from 2003 until it was stolen in early March of this year. The car is due for a timing belt and water pump replacement.

So despite the salvage title, if one could get the car for under $20K at auction, that is probably quite a bit below it's actual intrinsic value, given that it's a fairly low mileage 2 owner car that has never been wrecked nor raced. I suspect that the damage the car incurred during the theft was less than $1000, as it was strictly cosmetic stuff.

FYI, The insurance valued it at $27,953 when they paid it off, and my research told me that was probably a reasonably accurate number.

Last edited:
I thought that these Boards were supposed to be helpful. I asked questions about the relevant NSX type concerns in order to learn. Test drove the car yesterday and today with sincere interest.

NO, I HAVE NO financial or other interest in the car. Just met the owner yesterday, so I resent the implications. I was hoping that I could have gotten the car in the lower $20's assuming that it needed nothing. Since it needs a few things, and the price is probably in the mid-$20's, it puts me over... if you have a problem with that. SORRY.

Since I am passing on it, thought that I'd try to actually HELP someone else figure out what the car is about in case they were interested on flea-bay.... if you have a problem with that,...then SORRY again.

At least I am trying to help people, rather than try to rip on them for asking a few questions. Doesn't make a newbie (to NSX, not Porsche or Ferrari) feel too welcome in this Forum.

If you are not interested in trying to help, why are you in this Forum?

Sheesh.

If you are not interested in trying to help, why are you in this Forum?

Sheesh.

We did help. We gave information and suggestions on what to do on the assumption that you owned the car. Furthermore, all of your questions have been discussed in detail, but people like myself did give you honest opinions. Then you go on and state that you took the car home for a night and went to a C&C and loved the attention you got with the car. If you knew the car was out of your budget from the beginning, all you did was waste the dealers time by being a tire kicker.

I used to do the same thing when I was younger. But fortunately the internet wasn't around and I wasn't able to expose myself to strangers and get called on it.

Good luck in your search. There are many nice NSX's out there, but not for the price that you are probably looking to spend.

Back