Need Advice...

I'm planning on purchasing a 96 NSX with 70K miles. Owner states that the 60K miles service was performed but the TB and WP have never been replaced. The asking price is 34K. Should I try to lower the price a little more considering that the TB has not been replaced? The owner said that his mechanic checked out the belt and that it looked fine. Should I have it replaced?

Any advice would help. Hopefully I'll close the deal tomorrow.

I would get the contact from that mechanic if that info is available. To change the timing belt, water pump, and the seals is definitely not an inexpensive job for the NSXs. Seems to me that the owner maybe making things up, since normally a mechanic would not open the engine just to check the condition of the belt as it is not a quick and easy process on the v6's.

if it hasn't been done(the WP and TB that is) use it as leverage. i did when i first purchased mine and shaved off 3k off the price.

Good luck getting him to come down much on that price. If the car is in good condition, he'll probably get his price. 34K for a 96 isnt too bad if you look at the FAQ.

Back