Need Advice

Have any of you guys had your car lowered? I bought lowering springs but have not had them installed. I know David Mc David can, but over $600 for just labor is ridiculous! I've had almost every car I've owned lowered and have never paid close to that! I'm in Austin, but could also go down to San Antonio to have it done.

Also, is there any downfall to removing the engine cover?

Thanks!

No help on the first issue, but for the hatch you will increase the grease/dirt on the glass considerably and you'll have to be carefull closing it because it will slam down hard and break without the cover in place. I'm not sure how safe it is long term for that same reason. I'm looking to get a cover with plexi or mesh but they are ridiculously expensive so it's pretty low priority.

I have driven my NSX without the engine cover for 2 years. I track my car and wanted to give the engine more "breathing space". The main issue is more dirt/grease on the rear window and the hatch.

Can't help you with the springs. However, I hope you realize the lowering the car more than 2/3 of an inch will affect its handling. See FAQ.

Back