Need Advice..Smaller Digi CAM and Laser Printer.

Gents,
I need to get a couple of items....both died on me. so help me. I Like to find a compact digi cam that is 3mega pixel+ . and what is a good laser printer for home use......i print about 10-15 pages a week. :D

come on' you techie guru

Last edited:
Conicidentally, I picked up a Canon S400 today. So far, it's great! I think I got a pretty good deal: Paid $359.99 (plus tax) by placing the order on Circuit City.com. You can either have it shipped to you free or pick it up at your local store (like I did).

BTW: The local in-store price is $399.99, so I saved $40 (10%) by placing the order online.

cannon and HP

As for D cam. I prefer cannon. No need to go for s400 (it is a good one but too much $$$). Instead go for the cannon Sd100 (I think) it is only $ 260 at JandR.com, 3.2mp and looks very nice. Also has a very good feel to it.
As for printers, HP is still the best. You should be able to get something laser for around $200.

How much money do you want to spend?? And don't answer back with "As little as possible" What do you consider compact?

Thanks everyone for your help......I guess I am settled with SD100 now. YES it is smallll w/ 3.2 just the way I like it :D

Laser printer....how about Brother HL-1440? I just need it once in a blue moon.

PoohBEAR said:
Thanks everyone for your help......I guess I am settled with SD100 now. YES it is smallll w/ 3.2 just the way I like it :D

Laser printer....how about Brother HL-1440? I just need it once in a blue moon.

it's a personal preference thing, I usually like to stay with HP's on ink jets. As they're easier to configure and setup, and seems to have less problems back in my networking consulting days. If you are looking for something economical, try costco, they usually have middle of the road, quality inkjets from HP for pretty good price.

After having a play with a Canon A70, I'd second <B>Phoe<FONT COLOR=red>N$X</FONT></B>'s opinion... it's a great toy.

As for printers, pretty much any high-end HP/Canon/Epson inkjet printer should keep you happy... none of them are perfect in my opinion.

Or if you really want to shine on & impress... Colour Laser printers are becoming affordable; the HP LaserJet 1500 and Minolta 2300W are extremely cheap (for colour), yet they're meant to be built reliable and of good quality. Just remember you can't use glossy paper on laser printers if that's a considersation.

Back