• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need: 11841-PT7-A00 gasket, timing belt cover (lower)

Hit a temporary wall in timing belt work. When we took off the old timing belt cover (#1 below) - no gasket. Ah... last timing belt work was done by Acura of Lynnwood - so they left the gasket out and we found they also didn't reattach some brackets and fasteners in that area. They just put the covers over them :mad: This is a car where 100% of all service was done by Acura of Lynnwood.

And the new timing belt cover in the water pump kit didn't have a gasket either :confused:

I'm missing (#5 below): 11841-PR7-A00 GASKET, TIMING BELT COVER (LOWER). I have it on order but if anyone in the Seattle area has a new one in the bag let me know so as you can get the fresh one that comes in next week.

13sl001_e1401.png

We still have plenty of work today, but I won't be able drive it until the covers are back on. Not a single dealership in the Pacific Northwest has the gasket. But the Torrence, CA warehouse has one. It won't get here until next week... :frown:

I'm doing this right, and there should be, and WILL be a gasket in there before I drive it away.
>
>
UPDATE: All work completed. Amazing car!
>
>
>
>

BTW, what we are doing today: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158543

Last edited:
Back