NC1 NSX - Battery Specs (Possible Upgrade Already?)

RYU

Legendary Member
Tech Expert
I found this from Mihai on Facebook. Original source here: http://www.blue-energy.co.jp/en/index.html

New Acura/Honda NSX to use new lithium ion battery by Blue Energy and GS Yuasa ,The new battery has improved capacity, output, safety performance and durability over the existing model and is 17% lighter and 7% more compact. As a battery module for cars, this decreases weight 20% and is 15% more compact.
The EHW5 can also store renewable energy with high efficiency during deceleration and help with assist the engine and motor for smooth and powerful acceleration. It has the high power and heat generation performance ideal for the demands of a sports car. By Greg Scott

I can't figure out the timing of this news. Not sure if this improvement is already incorporated in the current model or if this is slated for a future upgrade. The article appears to have been removed from the website but I didn't look that hard.

14680506_10210944994609632_6755476429998597834_n.jpg

14725748_10210944996249673_2254852502902709053_n.jpg

Last edited:
I found this from Mihai on Facebook. Original source here: http://www.blue-energy.co.jp/en/index.html

I can't figure out the timing of this news. Not sure if this improvement is already incorporated in the current model or if this is slated for a future upgrade. The article appears to have been removed from the website but I didn't look that hard.

The earliest mention by Honda of the 'EHW5' battery module usage in a car is March 10th, 2016 for the Clarity, then May 26th for the hybrid Accord, so it could well already be in use in the current model NSX. Although Blue Energy is a Yuasa-Honda joint venture, Honda does have a policy of sourcing Lithium-Ion batteries from two different manufacturers, so maybe your posting could be evidence of an imminent change for the NSX from the earlier Blue Energy 'EH5' module or from that of a different manufacturer.

Back