• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NavPod question?

Has anyone used one of the stand alone GPS units like Sony or Tomtom in the Navpod, just curious? :confused:

Not that I've heard but if you can access all the controls from the front of your GPS, having it installed in the NavPod is a natural place for it to go. Post pics if you go forward with the project please.

Avic f500bt...

Has anyone used one of the stand alone GPS units like Sony or Tomtom in the Navpod, just curious? :confused:
If you can hardwire the GPS-NAV' unit for power & find an aux' input converter to connect it to the OEM/stock Bose head-unit, it'll work!

However, for a ~5"+ screen (which would make it worth it, if installing in the JDM NAV' pod), TomTom/Magellan/Garmin/etc' units are ridiculously expensive for their features (~$500+). There are some cool portable marine/sea-faring GPS-NAV' offerings w/ SD-slot(s) for maps/etc' made by the aforementioned manufacturers, I'd pursue those for their design, features, and capabilities if cost isn't an issue. They look very airplane-cockpit'ish!

But... fughettt' all those! Get this: Pioneer AVIC F500BT

Do a search & you'll find more details. I'm in the process of installing it in my JDM NAV' pod. . .

Last edited:
Back