Navigation Pod

I've just purchased the Navigation Pod from SoS and am wondering what the best screen to mount in it would be. I've looked at the new Pioneer 8" screen but it has buttons on the front which do not get covered by the pod itself and it only comes in silver. Any suggestions.

Thanx

hi,
i bought the Alpine 650 series and had it installed by CarToys. it looks beautiful IMO.
i will try to post a pic for you all to see.
Dan
Originally posted by NSX2NV:
I've just purchased the Navigation Pod from SoS and am wondering what the best screen to mount in it would be. I've looked at the new Pioneer 8" screen but it has buttons on the front which do not get covered by the pod itself and it only comes in silver. Any suggestions.

Thanx

95BLK,
If you have pics please email me @ [email protected]
Thanks

Also I tried to remove the trim panel that the navigation pod replaces, but could'nt remove it. I'm afraid if I pry to hard it'll break. Is there any screws or clips I must take out first? Help.

Those Alpine monitors are really expensive. Other not so name brand with similar performance are half the price.

Hi all,

I ended up going with the Alpine TME-M760 Monitor with the in-dash Alpine DVA-7996 (DVD, MP3, Tuner, CD-R/RW and XM Radio Ready) unit. The total cost was $2450.00 CDN.
The Alpine Monitor is an excellent fit with a litlle bit of modification to the trim panel provided with it.

Once it's installed I'll post pics.

the TME-760A is Alpine's replacement 6.5" screen that replaces the TME-750A. It is the best fitting screen I have seen yet. Dan's (BLKNSX) display pod with the screen looks great in his car. This is the monitor we will likely be using for our next version of GPS system. The display is about 50% more than other comparable monitors, but it is the only one that is compatible with Alpine's DVD based navigation system.

You can find the display pods here: http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/display_pod/

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

[email protected]
http://www.ScienceofSpeed.com

Dan,

How did the stereo shop mount the screen. They use specially fabricated brackets. Mine will be mounted on Wed but it would be nice to give the shop some indication as to how others have mounted it.

Thanx.

there's a frame came with the monitor. because, w/o the frame the monitor wouldn't fill the pod. so the Cartoys guy used the frame, but he had to trim off a little bit to fit it. all and all, the whole process was very easy for him. you shouldn't need a bracket (NSX2NV). i am sure the intalation shop will do just fine.
keep in mind that the DVD player taps into the radio using an UN-USED FM station for sound. the sound quality is great, no complains there.
i didn't do anything to the OEM stereo in the process.
i am showing my car also, that's why i have a power outlet for PS2 in the glove compartment.
Dan N.

Got my display screen installed into the pod, here are some pics. The Receiver and console should be in by next week. Any ideas how to remove the lettering(Honda Navigation System) Since I won't be putting in a Nav system anytime soon I'd rather have it removed IMO it looks terrible.

11334418-b048-02000180-.jpg

11334495-f2b0-02000180-.jpg

I'm installing an in-dash DVD player and will be hooking up a Fujitsu Laptop computer. It'll work out cheaper than a Nav system and with my wireless aircard I can surf the net as well.

Hi, guys,
Great install pics, everyone! I just received my SOS Navigation Pod and Alpine NVA-N751AS nav system (CD-ROM based) today.
I've got a few questions for you all:
1. Where do you put the gyro antenna?
2. Where else, besides the glove box, can you put the nav unit?
3. Can the Alpine 6.5" screens be used with the CD-ROM based unit? I have a 5.6" Alpine M006 screen.
4. My monitor didn't come with a frame. What material should the frame be? I guess they would have to make a custom frame for me.
Thanks in advance for the help! -Thomas

------------------
'94 Brooklands Green Pearl/Black NSX
5-Speed

Wow, that looks awesome. I am going to be taking my car to show and I think that would be a nice little addition to set it off from the crowd.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

I saw a "show type" Civic sedan a couple of months ago that had six count 'em six monitor-type displays for the four occupants of the car. They were in the backs of the front head rests, flipping down from the roof, just about everywhere, it seems.

Hey, if one is good, then six are better, right?
biggrin.gif

That is a bummer, just checked SoS web site and that pod is on back order. Did you guy's have to order it off back order or something? How long did it take to come in? Does it match the rest of the center console well?

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Originally posted by 92NSX:
That is a bummer, just checked SoS web site and that pod is on back order. Did you guy's have to order it off back order or something? How long did it take to come in? Does it match the rest of the center console well?

Hi,
I ordered mine from SOS last week, and at the time, Chris told me that 2 of them were coming in this month. I just received mine, so I believe that they still have 1 left in stock. So, if you order through SOS, it will probably say "Backorder," but he should have only one left. You might want to check with Chris to make sure though. Good luck in getting one, the pod is really nice, it matches well, in my opinion!
-Thomas

------------------
'94 Brooklands Green Pearl/Black NSX
5-Speed

i bought one of these from Science of Speed as well. it is really nice and matches my console. it says "Honda Navigation System" on it, which is kind of a neat touch. i had them install a Alpine TME-650 screen in it when I bought it, but now Chris says there is a new monitor from Alpine that fits excellent and looks great. he said the price will be lower too.

I painted mine silver around the face to match my dash which I had redone because it was starting to crack. unfortunately, I lost the Honda text on it when the painter had to sand it down.

rob

Thomas is correct, there is currently one in stock. More to arrive in several weeks. Unfortunately, these are getting hard to source since Honda is apparently limiting production of these units.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed

www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Back