NA2 prices dropping?

Right now appears to be a good time to purchase a NSX. I've looked at the For Sale forum alot lately and I can't believe the NSX's being listed...even a Black 02+...

Jetpilot

I think these particular NA2s make the $35K NA1s look expensive....

These NA2s are low mileage 6 spds, some with good performance mods, all at a very good price. And from a Prime member too.

Like any car depreciation is always a factor and the NA2 style is now 5/6 years old.

Even a LBBP would be similarly priced with a salvage title . . . not to mention earlier headlights, tailights, etc. That car is unique to say the least.

I don't think so ,but less than forty even with salvage is very low especially for the damage he described. It's the color:wink: LOL

Salvage title says it all.

what can I say. the original (na1) always holds it value better than the copies (na2) :tongue:

NOT BAD?!?!?!

Wow! If that car doesn't have a salvage title or has been in a wreck than someone go and buy it! That's really cheap for a 2002!!!

Only wish I had it all saved up at the moment....

Jetpilot

did you even read this for sale ad?

Car has a salvaged title and was in an accident.

Sigh! Yes Ron I knew it was salvaged and responded to that in the post right above yours that apparently in your haste to post didn't see:wink:

Salvage title says it all.

Salvage and color:biggrin:

I always knew reading comprehension was hard for you LBBP owners:biggrin:

This is who I was hoping to draw out! Hey Maxi pads beat you to the punch this time..LOL

Now back thread. Actually aren't we just seeing a couple of factors. For starters we're heading towards the end of season when sports car prices typically drop. Next he said he needed money for an investment and from everything we've been hearing the credit crunch is producing less money for people to borrow for investments. Lastly people are tightening their belts to and expensive sportscar don't sell so well in these times so people lower their prices to get out of something quickly. Coming spring prices will edge up more than likely. Not sure on demand though.

Also if NA2 prices drop won't NA1 drop accordingly as some/most would see the newer car with similar miles a better buy?

Saw this thread on S2KI and apparently these lower prices are starting to attract attention. http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=518134

I've been following MR2 turbo prices and there dropping as well although owners are being slow to realize this.

Last edited:
Now back thread. Actually aren't we just seeing a couple of factors. For starters we're heading towards the end of season when sports car prices typically drop. Next he said he needed money for an investment and from everything we've been hearing the credit crunch is producing less money for people to borrow for investments. Lastly people are tightening their belts to and expensive sportscar don't sell so well in these times so people lower their prices to get out of something quickly. Coming spring prices will edge up more than likely. Not sure on demand though.

Also if NA2 prices drop won't NA1 drop accordingly as some/most would see the newer car with similar miles a better buy?

^ great points and totally agree ^

Just as banks tighten the restrictions on lending, consumers are "hopefully" following suit and adjusting their $pending. Demand for items like sports cars is dropping and prices are reflecting this across the board. Sellers/dealers not adjusting accordingly will probably sit on them for a bit longer than others.

Its def a buyers market, but having said that i've still been unable to find the "right" nsx for several months now. Its getting hard not to look at the abundance of 996tt's at this price point as well, but Im trying to be patient. Now would someone PLEASE sell me their white 02+ :)

i always have wondered this about lifts...doesn't the dirt and fluids etc that fall off the upper vehicle drip on the lower vehicle??
and don't some of those fluids da:eek: mage paint?

Plastic drip pans are available to try and keep this from happening; however, you generally don't have to worry about it with a Honda product (or similar) stored on top.

ya i get drips all the time. My Ferrari is not a fan of the nsx or any car under it and my nsx is not a fan of any cars under it.

they do come with 3 drip pans to catch the goo the comes down but sometimes you shift them around and then forget to put them back and you get oil drips. Oil on paint is not a problem, coolant on paint is not a big problem for a couple of days, it fits longer the coolant will etch into the wax.

happy motoring.

rob

Back