MY355 header issues!

I saw this post on Ferrarichat. I am assuming this is MYNSX's other car. I could be wrong. If it were me, I would sell the 355 and keep the NSX. If it is Bill, maybe he will fill us in. If not, well, just another reason for us to keep our NSX's and avoid the 355's. Regardless, I am sorry to hear this happened. Hopefully Ferrari will take care of him.

HEADERS BURNED THROUGH ON 99 355.DAMMIT!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEP ,IT'S TRUE AND SUPPOSEDLY this NEVER happens to 355's in 99'
says a few idiots wearing Ferrari sales shirts.Just happens to the 95's and 96's(This is why I bought a FU@#IN' 99'!!!!!!)

NO Ferrari factory refused to honor the headers and supply the part even though it fell within' the 5 year /50k rule.

Why I asked ............they said because it had a TUBI exhaust ,THIS IS BULL****!!!Any novice knows that the tubi makes the car run cooler NOT HOTTER!!!

What has this whole ordeal cost.............well the original estimate for the headers was 6500 for parts 1200 for install.

Finally the (DEAL) I got was 4985.00 parts and who the FU#$ knows what my mechanic will charge for the labor Im sure its between 500 and 1000.

What the hell is next ???This car now scares me like a wife w/ a high limit credit card in a mall.

Last edited:
<B>What the hell is next ???This car now scares me like a wife w/ a high limit credit card in a mall.</B>

LOL... that sounds like Bill alright, along with the colourful language. :D
Sorry to hear his 355 has been causing him grief though. :(

And you wonder why many an F car owner is considered eliteist,and has a condescending view of the nsx,well misery loves company.

Forgive me for being naive, but how does a car, any car, burn through headers? Especially a car only 4-5 years old with low miles?

Tom Larkins said:
Yes, its his car and I think the repairs have been made and its for sale.
A group of us went out for dim sum yesterday (here's a pic of the man enjoying a tender juicy chicken foot
yummy.gif
). Someone asked him about the 355, and he clarified that it's "for sale" in the sense that everything has a price. He is not actively putting it up for sale, if that's what you mean.
Tom Larkins said:
If memory serves he's put some miles on it and this is the first real issue w/the car.
That's what he told us as well.

Yes I did originally get the screw from Ferrari.
Although new news after speaking w/ my lawyer this am.
He has already spoken w/ the adjuster from Ferrari and they decided to re-concider they are paying for the headers now as well as the installation(THIS IS UNHEARD OF)......this is good (total 6483.00)

Go MYLAWYER LOL :)

Bill, glad to hear you're going to be reimbursed!!

Your 355 is a REAL beauty!!! I loved riding in it.

Now I'm going to have to save up for the 355 and an NSX!!!

I had a blast spending the weekend with all of the cool folks in Phoenx - Yvonne, Chris, April, Bill, and Kelvin!!!

I CAN NOT wait to come back!!!!!

Next time I'm going to bring along my little co-pilot :D

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 300
lord O' mighty!!!! she has wayyyyyyyyyys too much hair for an own age. but whatttt a cutie:D

NsXMas said:
Bill, glad to hear you're going to be reimbursed!!

Your 355 is a REAL beauty!!! I loved riding in it.

Now I'm going to have to save up for the 355 and an NSX!!!

I had a blast spending the weekend with all of the cool folks in Phoenx - Yvonne, Chris, April, Bill, and Kelvin!!!

I CAN NOT wait to come back!!!!!

Next time I'm going to bring along my little co-pilot :D

SCS2k said:
Forgive me for being naive, but how does a car, any car, burn through headers? Especially a car only 4-5 years old with low miles?

From what I have learned, it was a issue that effected the header and/or the exhaust manifolds with certain cars. It was a known problem and Ferrari North America had service issues that were not addressed in some regards. Bill here got screwed initially and had a legitimate beef.

I can't remember the specifics of this problem, but I seem to remember reading some posts about heat and build quality issues from the factory. Bill had a Tubi and I think Ferrari was giving him a line of BS about it voiding any chance that FNA would pay the bill on this OEM problem.

Phoenix, I stand corrected on his car being 4 sale.

By chance did he tell you how many miles he has put on it since purchase?

Tom Larkins said:
By chance did he tell you how many miles he has put on it since purchase?
No, but you can bet it's a lot more than the typical Ferrari owner logs. He is of the opinion that a well exercised Ferrari tends to be less problem prone than one that just sits around collecting dust. I can't argue with that logic, and wish more Ferrari owners would drive their cars so Ferrari is forced to improve the quality of its products.

92NSX said:
Even though they finally paid for it I would still sell it. Doesn't sound to me like they car to much for their owners.
JMO

This is not bashing on MYNSX but I did have an issue w/ my snap ring and they never took care of me or many others (yes I am aware that mine was addressed much later but these were done on an annual budget allowed to honor the issue).

Is this a reason for not purchasing a car.IMO no ......everything is a risk you calculate them and ask "yourself" whats the risk worth.

Ferrari just plays a bit more aggressivly from a financial aspect whereas IMO huge financial gains were never the driving force in the development of the beloved NSX.

I never have regretted purchasing MYNSX or MY355 reguardless
of the inherited "issues" that go w/ the territory.I pay to play.

Everyone is entitled to have their own value perception all of which I respect.

MYNSX

PHOEN$X said:
No, but you can bet it's a lot more than the typical Ferrari owner logs. He is of the opinion that a well exercised Ferrari tends to be less problem prone than one that just sits around collecting dust. I can't argue with that logic, and wish more Ferrari owners would drive their cars so Ferrari is forced to improve the quality of its products.

I put 15k on it since I purchased it about a year ago.
Now has 45k :p

I understand the pay to play thing...but Ferrari screwing you on a car that is in warranty is just classless.

Back