My trip to RoundRock/Austin

I made it back to H-Town on Tuesday night, so I didn't have much time to post. I want to apologize to the group of guys in Austin that gathered together...thanks Jose! I was given a horrible version of a map that I couldn't use to get there, and I had a company cellphone that CANNOT send outgoing calls, but receive them only. After speaking to Jose on the payphone, I tried to backtrack and drive near the area that he mentioned...to no avail. Then my phone battery started dying, so I knew that I should somehow find my Hotel room in RoundRock before it was too dark! Another hour passes and I finally find the Hotel near Old Settlers Blvd and Chuys Mexican restaraunt...the Cowboys/Giants game enter the 4th quarter and I think that I can quickly find a grocery store and get back to the room while my phone is charging. (That's a venture in itself and doesnt work out as planned). I finally found HEB....man.... I've never seen names of Highways "doubled" as other names or exit/enter with the same name. 183/3406...35N/Waco/HW45....Parmer 734....:confused: Once I found my room, I stayed and became angry for being sent and the thought of saving my receipts in order to be reimbursed, and missing out on meeting the nice guys who put together time of their Sunday for a drive! The next time will be on my own accord and better knowledge of my whereabouts. My manager mentioned the mistakes on the map and "other" things that he forgot to tell me about the directions. I even tried to go out Monday night for a 10 minute drive that landed me more than 1-1/2 hours of wasted gas until I "stumbled" my way back to my hotel. One thing that I can say is I didn't see many cops at all, there are way too many CVS and Walgreen stores as a main grocery stop, and almost 85% of the roads are great for the NSX...The backroads near the IKEA Furniture store in RoundRock are great for a nice drive (I was told :smile:.) For some reason, being stuck in the hotel room caused a lot of personal reflection of myself. Things that I don't think much of/or take for granted became very important to me and even saddened me. It's over now, just wish things turned out differently; and again I apologize to Jose and the other guys who gathered on Sunday! :frown:

Londell no worries. Chris (Scin) and I had kind of an adventure getting to the meeting spot. Let's just say that we must have met the nicest and most reasonable Texas Sheriff ever!!! and I do mean ever!!!

I had been on vacation for 3 weeks so my work schedule on the first day back Monday was just a joy and I couldn't catch up with you.

Hopefully, you can make it out to the Spring NSX Craze event and have some real fun.

-Jose

i was just in Austin 2 days ago. it was raining and boring...... but food is great.

next-time...

Gman, it's all good. As long you were safe & sound. All of us (Alas-NSX, Scin, Ojas) just chilled at a cafe` for the afternoon and then headed to a pool-hall/pub for the evening.

i was just in Austin 2 days ago. it was raining and boring...... but food is great.
I'm glad you think its boring here. Tell as many Californians as possible. :wink:
LOL... :D

Thanks guys...next time will be a different story! I enjoyed the roller-coaster streets and met a few nice people at the RoundRock Classic Toyota/Hyundai/Honda dealership. One of the employees told me that he has tried to "bait" one of you guys to race while he was on his motorcycle several times...but when the light turned green, "He wont race me; he just eases through the light."....is what he said. I was happy to hear that, and he was happy to do the oil change on my car. He thanked me several times for bringing it in for the oil change because he never had one in the shop before.

Back