My recent photoshoot experience and using the ZENDEX GoJack system ~ too cool!

Long story short, I was recently invited to a local vendor's open house where they custom built this professional car photo booth.

I'm no expert photographer but I know lighting is a key element in any picture and this place was amazing. The guys built this whole setup in their warehouse using a Chimera lighting system. They specialize in BMW wheels so not much in it for the NSX community but I always want to support local vendors who help out the car community in general, you can read their post for the event here:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=876631

Anyways, the point of this post is to share my photo experience and a very cool tool I learned about while there. On the day of the shoot they told me to try to get the car as clean as possible which was pretty easy since car is always stored under a cover. However I was curious how they can avoid tire marks on the spotless painted white flooring when moving the car around. This all become very apparent after I got there. They had me park the car just near the end of the white flooring and they proceeded to use these Zendex GoJacks to lift the car up effortlessly. I was very impressed it fit my car even with the slammed stance my car has. Once hoisted up, the car was pushing into the booth and almost looked toy like as I watch the guys position my car ~ simple AWESOME! They used it twice to change positions and the only mark left was where the contact patch was located. I decided I really wanted a set for my garage so I looked into them and they cost $295 each for the model 4500.

I don't have actual pictures from the shoot yet but their main photographer was awesome. He was very knowledgeable and professional.

These pictures show the prep they were doing to get ready. I will have some actual pictures later this week.

If you guys ever need wheels for your BMW give APEX a holler! :)

Car being "lifted" into their studio:

Being positioned under their lighting source:

Close-up of Jacks:

Car ready and positioned:

P.S. Above pictures were from my crappy iPhone!

The real photographer was able to do fancy tricks with his camera to fade the rear and shoot at various shutter speeds to capture the lighting effect. Very cool

Hey Rick,

That was a pretty cool setup they had. I wasn't there when they did your car but did they mention any costs? I had seen those jacks in action before but usually at crowded mechanic shops where they need to move around a lot of cars. I got the below pics of the SRT-10 Viper also taken with my iPhone

First I wanted to give credit to the man who took these pictures. He is the resident photographer for Apex Race Parts and his name is James. If you ever have any need for BMW wheels give them a shout over in Livermore, CA :)

check out this shot, I love the lighting and angle on this one:

How do those jacks not leave marks? You would think that with more pressure on the smaller wheels, that would be more prone to marking/scuffing.

How do those jacks not leave marks? You would think that with more pressure on the smaller wheels, that would be more prone to marking/scuffing.

Well those jacks and wheels are only used to move on the clean white surface so I guess it's clean. I was thinking it would scuff it as well but they move so smooth it's shocking. I should have videotaped a short clip while they pushed my car on there but it moved effortlessly with 2 guys. I think my 2 year old could almost push it! They made the NSX look like a toy car.

When they did finally lift the car to move into the 2nd position, you can see the small contact patch left by the dirty tire. If you look at the picture below you will see the two marks left by the front tires. The actual surface area is quite small which surprised me!

After my car was moved out, the guys used a cleaner to remove each of the tire prints and it was ready for the next car. I would imagine over time the floor would need to be repainted maybe every couple months to keep that white fresh look.

Awesome. Shots looks great!

I work in the car advertising industry on Acura and we shoot in the studio all the time. I ALWAYS want to take my car on set and shoot it. Still no luck yet. Some day!

Back