My own NSX revelation on Saturday.

Hello Primers and thanks for reading,

I had a bit of a surprise today while filling up at the chevron in Orinda,Ca. It's a small town nestled in the Berkeley foot hills. Anyways, I was on my way to the gym and was filling up. When I walked outside to start the pump I noticed a, "more mature" man who was driving a Honda Odessey mini van walk up to me.
I thought,"oh boy here we go". Now I have to answer tons of dumb questions....

Instead, to my surprise, he marveled at my car and handed me a flyer. The flyer was for a classic car show which is held in Orinda. The show is mostly for Shelby cobra owners and early classics. Anyways, he went on and on about the black on black styling I have and how the lines of the car are so striking. He said, " you have to bring this car to the show"! I was intrigued and come to find out, he was the head of the original Shelby cobra club and he of all people had such interest in my car. He said he was always a fan of the nsx.

So, I extended him courtesy and showed him my latest modifications such as ctsc, carbon parts, ect. He loved them all. It was very nice to have a conversation with a veteran of rare cars as a relatively newbie of a classic like myself. I'm 36 and I never would have guessed that a 91 Acura nsx would serve as such a timeless classic. But deep down, I kinda knew that before purchase.

It always amazes me how a low horsepower car with striking lines break down all barriers of the car world such as the nsx. If It was in a turbo supra or a gtr, I kinda doubt he would have noticed. At the end of the day, it feels good to have elders notice my hard work and gratitude to my endless restoration of a 90's icon.
So I went ahead and entered the car in the," classic muscle car show".
Thanks for reading,
AJ

Last edited:
Instead, to my surprise, he marveled at my car and handed me a flyer. The flyer was for a classic car show which is held in Orinda. The show is mostly for Shelby cobra owners and early classics. Anyways, he went on and on about the black on black styling I have and how the lines of the car are so striking. He said, " you have to bring this car to the show"! I was intrigued and come to find out, he was the head of the original Shelby cobra club and he of all people had such interest in my car. He said he was always a fan of the nsx.
AJ

That's really cool when that happens. The longer you own the car the more you will find that the real car guys appreciate the rarity, timeless look and excellent engineering of our NSXs. I've found the NSX to be a kind of bridge. I can hang with the riced out tuners, muscle cars, street rods and the high end exotics and find a lot of interest in the car. Some of the Tuners aspire to get an NSX one day. The muscle car and street car owners want to get educated on a car they may have never seen. And the exotic guys either used to own or want to own an NSX and most know that the car they currently drive benefited from the introduction of the NSX. We are fortunate to be able to own one. Thanks for sharing your story.

^ Yeah it is really cool how it is sort of neutral in the car world. Everyone likes it, very few dislike it, many love it.

Thanks for sharing your story! I agree that the NSX is kind of a bridge car - I have chatted with hardcore ricer types and also the american muscle-car guys and I have not met a single one yet who didn't appreciate the car for its style and engineering.

Back