My one of NSX-fitted Hamann PG3 wheels!

I finally got around to mount these babies on my car.
This was initially last years project. Better late than never i suppose! :biggrin:

nsx_pg3-2009.jpg

The centre bore and bolt pattern has been altered to fit the NSX. Normally these wheels only come in Ferrari, Porsche and BMW fitment.

Specs:
F 18x8,5" +38 215/35-18
R 19x9.0" +06 225/35-19

Will post more pics this weekend...

Wow, very nice looking. Always loved those rims and they look great on an NSX. :smile:

That looks really nice. They compliment the car really nicely.
Is your roof matte finish? It looks that way in the photo...I have been thinking of doing that to my car with some vinyl.....if so I'd love to see more pics.

Is your roof matte finish? It looks that way in the photo...I have been thinking of doing that to my car with some vinyl.....if so I'd love to see more pics.
B-pillars are carbon. Thats why they look a little matte and not the usual gloss black.

Awesome! Now that's what I call NSX curb appeal. The yellow calipers are a nice "Ferrarish" touch.

Beautiful, your NSX has always been one of my favorites on here.

Could you please provide a little more information on how you re-drilled the wheels? All the wheels I really like don't come in our bolt patterns :frown:

Thanks,

Dave

Congratulations on succeeding where many(me included) thought you would not follow through!:wink:

That looks ABSOLUTELY great. I have to imagine that you totally satisfied with the results, considering that no other NSX will have your setup.

Thanks guys!

Feels really great to realise this little dream of mine.

I will try to take som better pics this weekend. Stay tuned!

Wow those look stunning. They flow with the car very nicely. I think you should trade me:biggrin:
In your dreams! :biggrin:

You have no ide what i had to go through to make this happen.

Why the small rear tire? Does the 225/35 cause TCS issues?
The narrow tire is to fit the rather extreme rear offset. I know 245/255 would be a more natural choice but it wont fit. No TCS issues, no issues what so ever in fact - the car feels very stable.

Beautiful, your NSX has always been one of my favorites on here.

Could you please provide a little more information on how you re-drilled the wheels? All the wheels I really like don't come in our bolt patterns :frown:

Thanks,

Dave
Thanks Dave!

Cant tell you much since it was done by a professional wheel repair shop. It was'nt cheap though. And the centers must be repainted afterwards. :frown:

Will a 225 even fit on a 9" rim? Maybe it's a typo?
No typo.:biggrin:

It fits - gives you a nice stretch look. And the tires look more like 245's when mounted on the rim.

Last edited:
In your dreams! :biggrin:

You have no ide what i had to go through to make this happen.

The narrow tire is to fit the rather extreme rear offset. I know 245/255 would be a more natural choice but it wont fit. No TCS issues, no issues what so ever in fact - the car feels very stable.

Thanks Dave!

Cant tell you much since it was done by a professional wheel repair shop. It was'nt cheap though. And the centers must be repainted afterwards. :frown:

No typo.:biggrin:

It fits - gives you a nice stretch look. And the tires look more like 245's when mounted on the rim.

can we see a closer view of the rear tire?

One pot hole and those rims are toast... sorry dude but u need more rubber... not sure why you would need or want such a low offset in the rear like that... doesn't make any sense to me... its like having bicycle tires on the car... I'm running 275/35/19's on my 19x9" rims and I was thinking of going bigger to get even more rubber between me and the road... the stretched look is weak IMO. :rolleyes::biggrin: But the rims are nice :)

not intentional, but rather shoe-horning a fit...

r... not sure why you would need or want such a low offset in the rear like that... doesn't make any sense to me... the stretched look is weak IMO. :rolleyes:
I believe the after-effect, namely the "stretched-look", from the low-offset rear wheels, wasn't the intention. Otherwise low-offset front-wheels would've been acquired as well (if they even exist). . .

The rear-wheels offset was +6mm to begin w/ (remember, these are likely from a Ferrari or Porsche) & low-offsets can't be changed w/ spacers (only high-offsets), so the O.P. had to work w/ what they had & make it happen (go w/ less-width tires as to not rub the fenders or stick too far out). . .

See...

R 19x9.0" +06 225/35-19

(FWIW, OEM/stock '91-'93 wheels came w/ F: 205/50R15 & R: 225/50R16 tires)

Last edited:
Looks clean I like it.....be careful with those rears....:eek:

About time.:biggrin: I have been looking forward for so long for you to finish them. Thats sooooo nice. Love it. Well done.

They look absolutely stunning.... you had me right up until the 225 rear, as I don't drive my NSX backwards. What a shame.

Thanks guys!

I initially wanted 19x10" rims rear to accommodate wider tires, but they have been discontinued so i had to settle for 19x9".

I will try to snap some more and better pics asap.

Indeed VEY VERY nice!

your nsx looks even more exotic now!

Oscar

Back