my NSX has finally arrived

After selling my 01 M3 with some goodies to fund a 67 mustang project I have been meaning to finish, I decided an early model NSX would make a fun daily driver (91-36Kmiles). Today, the NSX finally arrived from Virginia. I must say that I am very impressed. Though I have driven several NSX's in the past, I had yet to have extensive seat time behind the wheel of any of them. Though certainly not the fastest car I have owned, the NSX does live up to the reputation of a wonderfully balanced and precise vehicle. The NSX does so many things so well, that I do not miss having 400+ horses under the hood. I thought I would be downgrading my daily driver by selling the M3, but so far, it looks like this is a win-win situation for me. I have an appointment for an H&R springs install on the first of June at Autowave. With most of my extra cash going towards the mustang, I will be keeping modifications on the NSX fairly light. Thanks to anyone who has helped me out along the way.

Congratulations,

another happy camper:D . Autowave does really good work, you're in good hand. I would suggest to have shocks/springs at the same time done to save cost later.

Enjoy

thanks, i'm looking foward to the springs install. I believe I will be needing wheel spacers at the same time. I have seen other lowered NSX's running the 97+ wheels that have the wheels tucked in a bit too much for my taste. Would you suggest spacers all around (25mm) or just in the rear? Thanks in advance

Congrats on your "upgrade"!

I'd love to get a 65-66 Mustang fastback GT as a daily driver. To me, the old Mustang stylings were just timeless.

I just had the springs done on my car at Brookfield Acura and the first thing I noticed is that the wheels look a little tucked in. I too have a '91 and am running '97 wheels.

Are wheel spacers the solution? If so which ones are recommended?

Thanks and good luck with the new toy. Sounds like you have had quite the collection in the past/present.

Go to scienceofspeed.com and check out the H&R spacers. 25mm usually do the trick.

When I use my stock 16/17 rims for daily driving I use the H&R 25mm wheel adaptors/spacers in the front and rear.

Do you think your M3 was faster than the NSX?

I have the stock 98 3.2L and recently a buddy of mine, with an 01 M3, did some rolling runs, as well as 0-75 on the on ramps.

I took him off the line by maybe a car link 0-75. From 65 to 100, it was identical, possibly the M3 ahead by a hoods length.

His M3 had 330 HP and some type of OEM performance button. I expected to win the high end speed battle.

Curious what your opinion is?

Back