My NSX dilemma Involving a Divorce.

Well I was suppose to purchase a 91 off a member on this board. But he is going through a divorce. He told me as soon as the divorce judgement is reached and his lawyer signs the papers he will be able to sell me the car no problem.

I have no experience in divorce paper work what so ever.....how long does this usually take?? The owner is located in California.

I gone through buying a house from a couple that is going through the same thing...., biggest nightmare. The husband wants to sell the house to get rid of the nagging wife, the wife doesn't want to sell, and is using the house as a collateral to try to keep the husband around.

I spent 4+ months of my life in hell dealing with the both them and both of their lawyers, and their real estate agent that is defiinition of a Biatch!!! ARRRGGG.

sorry, just my experience. But, I would find out who holds the title, and why is it that he has to wait til after the divorce. It may not be worth your effort/energy. May also want to check the car out first just to determine if it's worth your time.

SilverOne said:
I gone through buying a house from a couple that is going through the same thing...., biggest nightmare. The husband wants to sell the house to get rid of the nagging wife, the wife doesn't want to sell, and is using the house as a collateral to try to keep the husband around.

I spent 4+ months of my life in hell dealing with the both them and both of their lawyers, and their real estate agent that is defiinition of a Biatch!!! ARRRGGG.

sorry, just my experience. But, I would find out who holds the title, and why is it that he has to wait til after the divorce. It may not be worth your effort/energy. May also want to check the car out first just to determine if it's worth your time.

Thanks for the reply!..Yeah its been a very big bitch!..and not just the situation ;) the title should be in his name...but i hope he didn't put down his wifes name in the title. The NSX is mint tho, I have looked at it in person and from the e-mails that I have got the, "judgement" papers have to be signed by both lawyers. I have no idea what that means or even been close to marriage, but daamit!..I've been saving my money wisely to afford this beautiful car and striked a good deal with the owner.

can anybody tell me what legally happens to both parties for divorces? lets say from an attorny stand point. I'm not familar at all with C.A divorce policies ...I just want my NSX ASAP!

In CA, they chop the car up in half, and it's up to the lawyers to decide whether they cut it down the middle between passenger/driver, or they wanted to do the front and back half....., lol. J/K.

If the car is mint, I'd say why not. Unless you have several other NSXs lined up and you're trying to make a decision now. Doesn't hurt to wait it out, make sure the owner knows that you're ready to buy once he sorts out his mess. Good luck.

When I was looking, everyone's advice to me was "be patient!"

Alittleboost said:
...I have no experience in divorce paper work what so ever.....how long does this usually take?? The owner is located in California.

I hope you have a lot of time on your hands. You will not be able to buy the car until both sides determine how much the car is worth in terms of splitting the assets. Although I have no expereince with divorces (thank god), I did have a patient who needed $40k of dental work that the husband would not consider paying for in the divorce. The paperwork and time that I had to provide to each attorney was astronomical and I bet that neither attorney knew what they were looking at. Ultimately she never got the money and I was never able to provide the treatment.

Good luck and I hope you get the car.

Back