My NSX aka "ugly duckling" arrived!

My NSX project

Finally got the car last night.Even though I didnt pay for it,they brought it in an enclosed trailer instead of an open one. :smile:

Got a couple of good and bad surprises here and there.I already knew the calipers were off the car in a box but I didnt know there was no rotors! hehe.Oh well kinda sucks but on the bright side the wheels I thought were some cheapies ended up being discontinued Racing Hart CP-035 wheels.So that was a big plus to say the least.I already knew it had the Taitec rear widebody panels,Taitec front,that custom faded carbon fiber hood & of course the "custom" missing center console.lol.

Here are a couple of pics I took of it with my s2k next to it.

Main%20001.jpg

Too dark to see the Taitec JGTC front end.No side skirts make baby Jesus cry...
Main%20004.jpg

Zanardi edition mats with custom missing center console :tongue:
Main%20006.jpg

The Taitec panels...
4g6rlh.jpg

The wheels out back...
Main%20008.jpg

Now to start things off I have to figure out whats staying and whats getting ditched.

Once I figure this out and get some rotors on this thing im sending it to paint and body.I never liked black cars since like 90% of my cars have been pearl white.I already have a motor for this lined up but im not gonna install it until I paint the engine bay.

Hopefully I dont run into too many setbacks during the build.Should turn out good once all is said and done.

-Alex

Last edited:
Oh yeah forgot to ask if you guys can tell me were the stock ecu is at? Im assuming I dont even have 1 but figured I would look anyways.Motor mounts,axles & everything else I have sitting on my garage floor for now. :tongue:

Update 1:
The wheels dont say the fitments on them BUT will fit regular body NSX or s2k's since the back wheel needed a 25mm spacer to fill in the widebody pieces.

And to my other surprise the car DOES have the ecu still there.So that saves me $500+ cause thats what they are hitting for on ebay.

I love tear downs!

Last edited:
hey man it looks sharp! If you want I have some stock rotors.
Just PM me some info and i'll see what I can do.Im kinda broke right now after buying my powerplant.I actually got it "cheap" compared to ones on here.

I'll post updates when I get to work on the car again.Been real busy.

Guys I been looking for new headlights and kinda came up with this concept.What do you guys think?

G37 light on left , 2002+ OEM light on right

g37nsx.jpg

Im in the process of making sure everything is going to lineup and fit of course! Aside from throwing them in I would probably color match the inners like the oem lights.That or paint them black to match the wheels im going to get.We'll see what happens...

-Alex

Last edited:
One big goodie came in today.I cant put it in just yet though.Im going to freshen up all the covers and such.Then I still have to wait to paint the engine bay complete.
warj93.jpg

Anyone here have some special valve covers,etc? If so lemme see them! :smile:

hey, if you havent got any rotors yet, let me know. i got my stock set of rotors you can have, i also got a center console that i hacked up to fit a double din you can have.

jay

hey, if you havent got any rotors yet, let me know. i got my stock set of rotors you can have, i also got a center console that i hacked up to fit a double din you can have.

jay
Oh nice thanks! I'll shoot you a pm in a bit.But atleast let me treat you to lunch at Hooters 1 of these days. :)

UPDATE:
I was 90% asleep when the motor got here but now I examined it.I had asked if it came with a harness and a/c compressor but they didnt answer me so I kinda figured it didnt.That didnt bother me since I saw it coming.BUT now that I look at it,the oil pan has a huge dent on it! Im sure it needs to be replaced.And on top of that the throttle body is missing! :mad:

Im gonna make sure everything else is on there.I already messaged the ebay seller which is a motor company.And from what the guy told me on the phone the owner is restoring 2 nsx's as we speak.They probably have my a/c compressor and throttle body! Someone is getting negative feedback if we dont come to a solution.I dont have any more $ to be spending on what should have been a full turnkey swap.

My oil pan had a pretty nice dent in it when I got my car. A little quality time with a wood block and plastic mallet got it to 97% straight. Without jacking up the car, knowing where to look, and using a flashlight, you can't tell.

(remove oil pan, clean, put wood block flat against dent from the inside, hit with plastic hammer)

It was a good excuse for me to change the leaking oil pan gasket anyway. Be sure to inspect the oil pickup to make sure it also hasn't been bent.

The ebay company messaged me back FAST.I just basically told them how I felt and what they did.Needless to say they are sending me an oil pan and throttle body this coming week.Now the new problem is the bracket up top were I thought the A/C compressor went.Well I just found out that holds the alternator. :mad: So yup thats missing too.And problem 3 is I was informed you cant put the serpentine belt without the a/c compressor.AHH this is getting difficult.

edit:
Im about to flip out.The dam thing is missing the coil packs too and the headers!

Last edited:
Long story short I got screwed on the engine.Im gonna have to pay more out of pocket for it to be complete.

Aside from that kdirty130 "Jay" hooked me up with a center console and some oem rotors.I didnt have either so it was a big blessing! Thanks a lot again.The interior looks wayy better now.If I can ever help you in any way just give me a ring.

-Alex

Back