My new Work Termist TM-1s

My new WORK Termist TM-1s

Finally got my Work Termist TM-1s today. I've been waiting since Febuary and they were finally delievered! Got them mounted and balanced and on the car with Falken 451s with 215/35/18 and 275/30/19. Also had some Bilstein Sports installed on the lower perch w/OEM Springs. Tell me what you think! Details are:

Front: 18x8 +35 offset with ~1.6" lip (R Disk)
Rear: 19x10 +30 offset with ~3.4" lip (O Disk)

Big ups to PF Chang for his hookup! Couldn't have done it without you man!

IMG_1859_800.jpg

IMG_1879_800.jpg

IMG_1865_800.jpg

I used the driveway to lower it in these pictures (pre- Bilsteins)
Side1.jpg

Side2.jpg

To show how they fit (with Bilsteins installed):
IMG_1877_800.jpg

IMG_1866_800.jpg

IMG_1874_800.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. That's pretty bold with the 19x10 +30. Stretching out 275.

fkong777 said:
Very nice. That's pretty bold with the 19x10 +30. Stretching out 275.

Life's not worth living unless you live on the edge, right? :biggrin: And I think that the Falken 451s are a little on the smaller size, thats why they stretched out. It worked out for me, otherwise I think I'd have problems.

Damn it but don't a nice set of wheels set off an NSX or What? :biggrin:

Nice wheels,funny how the combo of digital fotog plus flourescent lights makes the car look pink,or discolored :confused:

docjohn said:
Nice wheels,funny how the combo of digital fotog plus flourescent lights makes the car look pink,or discolored :confused:

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why that happens. . thanks for the compliments though!

docjohn said:

Thats because the flash only effectivley brought out the shadow area showing the true red where as the top of the car was illuminated by the over head low pressure sodium lamps with a dirty lens cover tinting the look of the red finish.

looks great. any problems with driveways, etc. now that the car is lowered?

Da Hapa said:
looks great. any problems with driveways, etc. now that the car is lowered?

Thanks, not too many problems so far. Then again, I haven't driven it more than 300 miles since its been lowered.

I usually don't care for mesh wheels but yours do look HOT! Very good job. I'm going to start looking at buying WORK wheels again thanks to your post.

I love the Termist TM-1s, however I also love the Rezaxx IIs. Does anyone think the price difference for the Rezaxx IIs is worth it since they are both from Work and are similar in style. I know the Rezaxx IIs are three piece (at least I think they are) which will up the price significantly but the Termist TM-1s look so good at significantly cheaper price. Props on the NSX, the Termists make it look like an entirely different beast!!

Stunner said:
I love the Termist TM-1s, however I also love the Rezaxx IIs. Does anyone think the price difference for the Rezaxx IIs is worth it since they are both from Work and are similar in style. I know the Rezaxx IIs are three piece (at least I think they are) which will up the price significantly but the Termist TM-1s look so good at significantly cheaper price. Props on the NSX, the Termists make it look like an entirely different beast!!

I personally don't like the look of the Rezaxx IIs as much. I think they are a little too "busy" for my tastes. But yes, I do believe the wheel is an actual 3 piece wheel.

The benefit with the 3 piece is that if you bend/break something, it can be taken apart and serviced. My wheels however, I'll probably have to purchase another wheel, because its a 2 piece and its welded together. Either way, I'm sure you'll be happy with the workmanship and quality of the WORK wheels. :)

you wont find a JDM wheel sold to consumers that is sealed by silicone. They will always weld the front and rear lip togetther for quality assurance. It would be embrassing for them to have a air leak due to fail or aging seals.

Back in the 80's I talked to a company that was going to import SSR parts to be assemble in the US for faster turn around. They told me SSR have strict standard for welding the wheel lips together. The venture Never came thru. SSR were still being imported fully assemble today.

DarthMaul said:
you wont find a JDM wheel sold to consumers that is sealed by silicone. They will always weld the front and rear lip togetther for quality assurance. It would be embrassing for them to have a air leak due to fail or aging seals.

Back in the 80's I talked to a company that was going to import SSR parts to be assemble in the US for faster turn around. They told me SSR have strict standard for welding the wheel lips together. The venture Never came thru. SSR were still being imported fully assemble today.

According to the representatives at 5Zigen USA, a primary importer of WORK Wheels, "all of work's true 3 piece wheels are all sealed by silicone. BUT, Work's policy is that if one wheels gets damaged, and you need a new outer rim, you have to send the wheel back to japan for them to replace, due to "liability" reasons. But you can still (technically) take apart and fix yourself in the USA."

He also stated "Volk really likes to make their wheels 2 piece bolted. WORK likes to do 2 piece welded or 3 piece bolted."

wow Hapa, we have like the exact same taste haha.

Those wheels are sex.

and your Jetta is perfect. I"m in the process of buying a Jetta right now, hopefully I can make it nice like yours, then the NSX :)

good stuff ;)

I also went with WORK Termist TM-1s. I love them, too.

Front 17x7.5f +38
Rear 18x10.0 +42

Ive received nothing but great feedback on the wheels and the transaction went incredibly smoothly. I went with 205/40/17 and 275/35/18 Toyo RA-1s. IMO, the F/R difference is the maximum you can do without having TCS issues.

Edit - corrected front tire size.
IMG_3975.jpg

Last edited:
Back