My new Side Business

Hello All!

I have started doing some voiceover work on the side to try and save up some extra cash for the NSX!

Does anyone have any tips for me or know anybody in the business? It seems to be pretty hard to get started. I know we have a few car dealers on here.. anyone need a new voice
smile.gif

Here is the link to my new site. Let me know what you all think.
www.davefogel.com

Thanks,

Dave

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Sorry I don't have any insight into the business, but just wanted to say I listened to your sample voiceovers and they sound really good to me. Best of luck!

Originally posted by Lud:
Sorry I don't have any insight into the business, but just wanted to say I listened to your sample voiceovers and they sound really good to me. Best of luck!

Thanks a lot Lud! I have a friend that does some work for a couple local agencies and she has been passing around my CD demo. She really thinks I have a good chance at doing very well. January is typically a slow month, so I hope it picks up in february.

Neato site...u give discounts to fellow NSXprimer for webdesign?
Sure.. what did you have in mind. Just send me a note
smile.gif

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Any car dealers around here? I know you are out there
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
I agree, very good work. I assume this is your voice? Subaru ad sounds great. :-)

-- Chris

Thanks Chris. Yes this is my voice
smile.gif
I have been wanting to get into voice work for a long time now. I met a wonderful lady that does it on the side also, and she is making a minimum of $400 a month extra. That is easily enough for me to pickup a 91 NSX.
I really enjoyed doing the demo CD and I hope to really do well in the near future.

------------------

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
Sounds great Dave! On a separate note,,,,, how is $400 enough to get an NSX? Tell me because I pay double.
smile.gif

Well, I would get rid of my current car. Therefore, $314 (for the Si) + $400 from the voice stuff = $714. I should be able to get a nice 91 with around 60K easily for $500-600 a month. I don't plan on spending much over 30.

Make sense?

By the way, who does the voice work for your stores Todd?
smile.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by NetViper (edited 05 February 2002).]

........I didn't realize that you were adding your current payment to the 4 bucks.

We don't do any radio advertising for any of our dealerships....... We do do local tv advertising for a couple of the stores in which one of my sales managers and my GSM stumble their way through.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Nsxotic (edited 05 February 2002).]

Originally posted by Nsxotic:

We don't do any radio advertising for any of our dealerships....... We do do local tv advertising for a couple of the stores in which one of my sales managers and my GSM stumble their way through.
smile.gif

Those demo ads are all TV voice-overs, none of them were done for radio. Radio pays a lot less than TV. So, whenever you are ready for someone that won't stumble through ads, give me a call! I actually want to do some on camera work also. That will be the next phase.

------------------

[This message has been edited by NetViper (edited 05 February 2002).]

Just wanted to let you all know that I got my first commercial! I am shooting on monday. It is for a Ford Dealership.

I can feel the NSX getting closer already!
smile.gif

------------------

Back