My new NSX

Well, 12 days ago my wife and I went for a motorcycle ride to look at a Z (sorry) and we came across a Red '91 NSX with 31k on it. 6 days ago I purchased said NSX and today I drove it to work for the first time (26 miles). I'm ecstatic...not only with the car, but with my wifes willingness to buy it. I hope to keep this car as long as my wife....til death do us part.

There, my first post to the forum....I didn't want it to be one asking for help or due to a problem with the car. Hopefully those types of threads will be few and far between.

My name is bonk, I have an NSX and I'm damn glad to be here!

Bonk said:
Well, 12 days ago my wife and I went for a motorcycle ride to look at a Z (sorry) and we came across a Red '91 NSX with 31k on it. 6 days ago I purchased said NSX and today I drove it to work for the first time (26 miles). I'm ecstatic...not only with the car, but with my wifes willingness to buy it. I hope to keep this car as long as my wife....til death do us part.

There, my first post to the forum....I didn't want it to be one asking for help or due to a problem with the car. Hopefully those types of threads will be few and far between.

Welcome and good Luck, you'll love it as much as your wife, maybe more!!!!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Welcome to the club and congrats on the car. BTW, your wife must be really great. Going for a ride and purchasing an NSX with the wife has it's merits. I lost quite a few gf's over my cars and motorcycles until I meet my wife and she fully understands my addiction.

Kudos to you and your wife. I agree, buying it with your wife is the best approach. Smart move and congratulation on your terrific purchase.

I gave my wife a choice, she could have another Porsche and be like every one of million others on the road where we live (too much sarcasism???) or she could drive an NSX, where we can go for weeks at a time and not see another. I then convinced her to go drive an NSX that a Dodge dealership (what the hell were they thinking) had that was trashed (of course). That was pretty much all it took. Within five minutes behind the wheel, she loved the car.

Once she made that "tough" decision, I educated her (and me)with all of the ads I found for 2001's and what they were selling for and when possible what they actually sold for. I wanted her to be realistic when I said I found one and it was going to cost $XXXXXX. Once I found the car I wanted she was 100% on board and I actually was able to discuss the price they wanted with what I intended to pay with her input.

When I flew to the east coast to see the car (sheo could not go due to work schedule) I came back with lots of pictures and the purchase contract, warranty, etc. She was happy.

When the car actually arrived and she saw it, she was very very happy with the purchase. I was then a very happy husband and we now enjoy the car together.

Bonk said:

Nothing wrong with getting a Z! They are nice GT cars. Much different feel than the NSX.

500rwhp Z = daily driver

TTony4.JPG

I had a 1993 Nissan 3ztt before. It was a great daily driver.
All Wheel Steering was abit scary in the rain though. Tends to fishtail. Lots of horse power. It was quite roomy inside as well. I had black exterior and tan interior. It had suede like glove compartment. I loved that car. It is different from a NSX, but still not a bad car.
btw, welcome bonk (C=

Calvin

Re: Re: My new NSX

AutoVation said:
Nothing wrong with getting a Z! They are nice GT cars. Much different feel than the NSX.

500rwhp Z = daily driver

TTony4.JPG

That's excellent...I do like Z's, but this NSX is outta sight.

NSXNXT said:
I had a 1993 Nissan 3ztt before. It was a great daily driver.
All Wheel Steering was abit scary in the rain though. Tends to fishtail. Lots of horse power. It was quite roomy inside as well. I had black exterior and tan interior. It had suede like glove compartment. I loved that car. It is different from a NSX, but still not a bad car.
btw, welcome bonk (C=

Calvin

I ended up taking out the all wheel steering feature, it is very scary (even in the dry!). Also removed about 30lbs. from the Z.

I find the interiors of the Z and the NSX to be quite similar, with a nod to the NSX for better shifter placement and feel.

Power levels in stock forms are very similar also.

Bonk would not have gone wrong with either car. It is MUCH harder to find a low mileage good condition early year NSX than a Z however.

Congrats on your purchase.

I had a 300ZX TT before I got the NSX. Its in a excellent car with a lot of power but no comparison to the NSX. I have had my NSX for 4 years and drive it daily. It has never given me any problems. Regular maintainence and a clutch change once and the car drives and looks like new. My ZX needed a lot of attention especially the 4 wheel steering. One day has not passed where I dont get compliments on my NSX.
I think you made a great choice. Well come to NSX Prime

Best regards to all members

Congrats on the NSX - Enjoy the feeling! At least in my case, I still have to go into the garage every night to check on it (this after 2.5 years). Post some pics!

Badger state

T Bell said:
Welcome! I am glad to see we have added another owner to the state!!!! Where are you from?

Thanks...suburb of Milwaukee (New Berlin). I sure am dreading the arrival of winter this year. Where are you located?

What's nice is the day after I bought it there was an import auto show at a local Honda dealership. I showed the NSX...lot's of people love this car.

I'll get some pics posted asap.

Pics

White94 said:
Congrats on the NSX - Enjoy the feeling! At least in my case, I still have to go into the garage every night to check on it (this after 2.5 years). Post some pics!

I hope to have the same feeling years from now.

I'll get some pics posted asap. Take care.

Congrats on the NSX purchase! I am sure you will love it as much as we all do!

Acura of Brookfield, your local dealer, is the biggest and best servicer of NSXs in the Midwest.

Hope to see you at some of our Chicago-Milwaukee area NSX events - and come join us at NSXPO 2004!

I need the "This post is worthless without pics" sign. JK

congrats, and do post some pics.

Back