my new mini-Hummer

I bought a new sneaker!!!

Some may laugh, but I'm selling Ashley, my Jeep Cheroke and I bought the most practical, funkiest thing I've ever driven....a Honda Element. This thing is so cool, it has so much utility/room, way more than my cheroke. It's a Orange 4wd EX 5spd. I will post some pics soon. Peter.....you think I can track it ;) ;)

Good luck with it.

My wife and I bought one last year. Nice, no problems with it and it's very functional.

She likes for flea marketing and it will make vehicle to tote tires, tools, etc to the track. ;)

-Jim

Ours is orange too.

Hi Guys,

My neice wants one, I was just wondering:

How do they feel on the highway?

What are your driving impressions?

Do they have enough power city / highway?

Are the seats comfortable for long trips?

Thanks Rich

This is very strange......

Anything you assume from looking at the Element is wrong. The ride on the highway is quiet, the handling is very stable, and braking is incredible. Mine has real-time 4wd so traction is great. The interior room is enormous to say the least, and the gas mileage is 24mpg on the highway, 21 city.

This is how it happened, I needed something with more space, better mileage then my Cherokee sport. I really liked the Element but was turned off by the 4cly engine. I decided to take one for a test drive this past Saturday. I wanted a stick, just because that’s all Karen and I will drive. They had one and as soon as we pulled out of the dealer I punched the thing. I had Myself, Karen, and the 6'5" salesman in the back seat and this thing still moved out. I honestly couldn't believe how peppy it was. Later I looked on- line and saw that the 2wd does 0-60 in 8.1!!! which is great for a 4cly 3300lbs box. I figure the 4wd might bit a little slower, maybe closer to 9 seconds but that still not bad. The real test for me are the mountain roads near Sparta, and the Element does fine, it trucks along at 60mph in 5th up these big hills. Believe it or not but my jeep could barely do that, and my 4cyl Tacoma could not.

The handling is really good, and I think people don't realize the thing is so damn wide and the most of the weight is down low, that's why it's so stable.

With the back seats up, or removed the cargo floor is 67.8 inches long and completely flat, and that's with the tailgate up. Add another 2 feet on to that if you don't mind your cargo hanging out the back. There's 47 inches of height inside the cargo area (almost enough to stand plywood up sideways) The seats are extremely comfortable, IMO more so then the NSX (probably because of the high seating position, you can keep a bend in your knees) The rear seats have more legroom then a BMW 740IL, believe me, my boss has one and we checked!!

Like I said I will post pictures soon.

jadkar said:
I bought a new sneaker!!!

Some may laugh, but I'm selling Ashley, my Jeep Cheroke and I bought the most practical, funkiest thing I've ever driven....a Honda Element. This thing is so cool, it has so much utility/room, way more than my cheroke. It's a Orange 4wd EX 5spd. I will post some pics soon. Peter.....you think I can track it ;) ;)

DUDE!!! I love the Honda Element!! I thought about buying one for my Mom actually. :)

HEY,
check this out.

My bother in-law just got one and loves it.

He even put wheels on it.

Attachments

• newwheels.jpg
    newwheels.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 204
Some may laugh, but I'm selling Ashley, my Jeep Cheroke and I bought the most practical, funkiest thing I've ever driven....a Honda Element. This thing is so cool, it has so much utility/room, way more than my cheroke. It's a Orange 4wd EX 5spd. I will post some pics soon. Peter.....you think I can track it

John, if we go through turn two at the right speed we may make the top of the essess on our left side. We'll then drive to Joe L's
for new paint job. Good luck with the new wheels.

As I said....here are some of the pics of my little orange milk truck :)

AndoverAreoflex0003.jpg

AndoverAreoflex0009.jpg

AndoverAreoflex0032.jpg

AndoverAreoflex0063.jpg

AndoverAreoflex0088.jpg

The whole album is here........http://glasssphere.net/MyPhotos/Automobiles/index.html

Last edited:
Back