My new daily driver

AG

Contributing Member
I purchased this Supra in Salt Lake city and drove it back last Friday.

The trip was fun, the previous owner has wrong type of tires on it, cheap futura H speed rating tires, but I was still able to go up to 130mph briefly on part of 15, I stay mostly in 110mph range, and it was fairly stable, given the same condition, NSX will probably do 165 easily and stable.

My Supra is 95 NA Supra 5 Speed.

sorry about the pic, this is the pic from the seller, I will take my own pics when I have time.

So far I like it a lot, but it needs more power and lose some weight, there are many turbo kit available for NA-Supra, base low boost kit cost around $1600 for 320~340 whp and all the way up to$6000 for a high boost kit, I plan on doing the mid range kit soon.

The search for my daily driver replacement was not easy, took me around 2 months, I had considered 944, 968, RX-7 FD, 3000GT, Supra, even a used high milage Black NSX (if I had $10K more this would be ultimate daily driver for me).

The negative so far are: too much attention, as much as when I am driving NSX, both good and bad, it also seems to attract wrong type of attention from wrong crowd, highschool kids, junior high kids etc, easier to get door dings, Supra is very wide, and insurance cost more then my NSX:confused:

Positive so far, best exhuast note I have ever heard (Apexi N1 exhaust), it has a extremely deep powerful rumble sound, this is the kind of sound I had always wanted, I lived in Japan before, many Skiline GTRs or Supras with aftermarket exhaust sounds like this.

No one actually try to race me, Corvettes, 911 Turbo, (these are two cars that will always try to run with me if I am in my NSX in stop light) something new for a change, I guess they are probably thinking I may be a BPU Turbo, because of my exhaust note, the sound does at very least put their exhaust note to shame.

Mustang and Camero seems like to rev it up at me, when I rev it up in my Supra, their facial expression changed completely, and looks so humble.:D

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Thanks, my previous daily driver is 95 Honda Civic SI

I still have it, wonderful reliable car, I will probably sell it sometime this month.

Congrats on the new car!! The Supra and NSX are too of the most reliable sports cars I've ever come across. Yes, they do draw lots of attention but it's worth it. Once you get a turbo on there and some more power, you'll be amazed. The inline 6 is a torque monster and a blast to drive. If you don't mind me asking, what year, miles, and how much did you pay for it? Again, congrats on the new purchase:D

Conor

Conor

Thank you for your kind words, my Supra is 95 White 5 Speed, with 80000 miles, I paid $15000, I think I over paid by at least $1000, but it was the color I wanted and 5 speed is a must.

It is possible to get an automatic non-trubo Supras at as low as $11000.

All my cars are white (second favorite color), my favorite color is actually black,

I do wish I have black Supra now, black looks so much more aggressive than white, even if it means that I have to wash and wax it more often.

Seeing that you're from CA, you might have paid a little more than what you could have gotten it for a few months ago. Where as here on the East Coast, the market price of Supras has gone up $3-6k now that winter and snow is wearing off. I'm looking for a new project car myself ('94 Supra TT) but with the prices sky rocketing, I may have to hold off til late this year. I like the white Supra though, don't see too many of them (don't see too many Supras in general but never a white one). Just keep on intimidating those Vette and Porsche owners. They don't need to know that you're not turbo.....yet;) Take care.

Conor

:confused: The insurance is more on the Supra then the NSX???

How does that work??? Isn't the NSX alot more valuable and alot more expensive to do body work on then a Supra?

color me confused:confused: :D

>How does that work??? Isn't the NSX alot more valuable and >alot more expensive to do body work on then a Supra?

I am not sure, honestly, my insurance is AAA, my NSX cost more than twice the amount of Supra, yet my NSX is $200 cheaper per year, same exact coverage.

Maybe Supra is more popular with car thiefs in Southern California

Back