My life has been fulfilled and complete now!

NRG

Experienced Member
Greeting NSXer,

If only you can see the reflection of my smile through the monitor as I type up this report, then it would tell you everything about my overall experience in purchasing my dream car. There’s no other word that I can describe my feelings at this moment, other than “WOW”!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank many members on PRIME who helped me with questions and uncertainties, especially NSX207 and NSXTASY. You guys are awesome! I purchased the car from a member on PRIME. I’m not going to mention his name since it might invade his privacy. If he had owned a dealership, then I would be the first in line to buy a car from him. He has made my buying experience a pleasant and memorable one.

I didn’t anticipate buying this car from him, but I changed my mind after checking out the car in person within 60 miles from home. He made me feel very welcome at his home; he answered all my questions; and he was very knowledgeable about the car. I fell in love with the car after the first sight. I usually don’t buy used car, but I couldn’t justify myself paying a new one at a 90K price tag. I’m so thankful that the seller has gone beyond his duty as an owner and seller to make sure I felt comfortable. As a result, I just made a new friend in my life.

Today, he came by to pick me up so that I could get a PPI done on the car locally before we finalized the paperwork. I took it to Foreign Affair in Santa Clara. I was amazed to see about 4 different NSX around the shop. I saw several nice ones that have been fixed up and lowered to my preference. After the report came back with no issues, it was the moment I started to smile because I knew I’ll be the new owner.

After dealing with the paperwork at the bank without any issues, he finally gave me the key. Let me say that I was so nervous holding the key as though it was similar to my first date in junior high. While sitting in the cockpit, I was just amazed with visibility and ease of shifting. And of course, I felt the power was good enough for me. The feeling was nothing in comparison the first time that I bought my new M3 from the dealership. There’s definitely a special rare feeling in driving an NSX vs BMW. I LOVE IT! It's so true that when people say that you see BMW or Porsche in every corner. I felt being so different from the rest of the crowd on the road - and it's indeed a special rare feeling. Yes, it doesn't have the torque like the M3, but I was bored of the M3 after 6 months just because it wasn't special anymore at the beginning of 96 when they came out the E36 in 95.

As I approached near home, I stopped by for some tea shop since I had a long day. There were about 10 guys sitting in the front, admiring their fixed up Civic. There was no parking space other than an empty spot next to them. I hesitated a little bit, but I was hoping it would be a quick “go in and get out”. As I waited in line, I kept looking back to make sure the car didn’t attract the 10 guys. I was paranoid that they might scratch it due to jealousy. After waiting for about 5 minutes, I wanted to leave the place without ordering. However, the owner promised me to wait for another 2 minutes. I was so happy to leave without any drama.

My sister in law saw the car after I brought it home in one piece. She kept thinking that I was storing the car for a friend while he’s on vacation. LOL. Even now, she still thinks the car belongs to a friend.

Earlier in the day, I cleaned the garage and removed everything that was on top of the ceiling down because I was afraid something might fall on the car. Now, the baby is asleep with her cousin, S2000.

I must admit, I’m so paranoid about the car as I don't want anything to happen to it. I never felt like this way with my other cars. I just hope this is normal.

The Beginning of something special....

PS: I just ordered my new personalized license plate 10 minutes ago. My first 3 choices have been taken. I have opted my fourth pick. So...who took "NSX 888" and "NSX 168" and "NSX PWR"? hehehe.

Last edited:
Congrats on your new ride! Just don't let that paranoia prevent you from fully enjoying the car as there is much to enjoy. :D

Congrats! I can feel your excitement just reading your story. Hopefully I'll be in your exact position soon. There were two that got away from me recently, hope the third will be a charm. Thanks for sharing.

John

You'll find The ONE eventually. I know NSXs are not common in the autotrader, etc for sale out there, but just be patience. Luckily, I was able to find one locally.

I should be resting for work tomorrow morning, but I just can't sleep because of my excitement today. hehehe.

john1c said:
Congrats! I can feel your excitement just reading your story. Hopefully I'll be in your exact position soon. There were two that got away from me recently, hope the third will be a charm. Thanks for sharing.

John

You will think it is complete, until you start looking at mods :) Congrats!

Hehehehe.

My wish list now:

1) The Navigation system (Any hookup installation in the Bay Area, CA for this project?)

single_pod_displayed.jpg

2) Volk GT-U rims
3) Lowering

That's it.....

NetViper said:
You will think it is complete, until you start looking at mods :) Congrats!

I feel the same way. After 3 yrs. of looking, I bought mine. Have had it 2 yrs. now & cannot get over the feeling that I get when I look at or drive it!
Still will not let it out of my sight. Park it where no one can come close, etc..

Although this tention is beginning to ease, I have not let it stop me from the pure excitment & enjoyment of the car. I also still do the same with my '69 XKE Jag after 9 yrs....so I guess some things never change!

Funny however, that when I drive & bring my male friend along...people seem to compliment him on "his" car! Actually had a guy say to him..." you mean you actually let her drive that car?" His response was..."well, it's her car".
You should have seen the embarassed expression on his face!
Enjoy! :smile:
Regards...Deborah

Congrats on your NSX purchase. Do you have any pictures of your new car? :smile:

todddejag said:
I feel the same way. After 3 yrs. of looking, I bought mine. Have had it 2 yrs. now & cannot get over the feeling that I get when I look at or drive it!
Still will not let it out of my sight. Park it where no one can come close, etc..

Although this tention is beginning to ease, I have not let it stop me from the pure excitment & enjoyment of the car. I also still do the same with my '69 XKE Jag after 9 yrs....so I guess some things never change!

Funny however, that when I drive & bring my male friend along...people seem to compliment him on "his" car! Actually had a guy say to him..." you mean you actually let her drive that car?" His response was..."well, it's her car".
You should have seen the embarassed expression on his face!
Enjoy! :smile:
Regards...Deborah

That's funny!!!!!! Let's hear more stories like this, there are a number of female owners!!! :biggrin:

Engel07 said:
PS: I just ordered my new personalized license plate 10 minutes ago. My first 3 choices have been taken. I have opted my fourth pick. So...who took "NSX 888" and "NSX 168" and "NSX PWR"? hehehe.

From your first two choices in personalized license plates, your nationality must be Chinese. :biggrin:

Welcome to the NSX community and congrats on your new purchase. Once the "new-ness" of the car fades, you will start to enjoy the car much more. Paranoia is natural in the beginning. I was afraid of anything happening to my car also when I first got it, but the car was made to perform and you will soon find out that it isn't as fragile as you treat currently treat it. My previous garage queen is now a daily driver when the weather is nice. Even with minor blemishes, I'm still invited to showcase my car in car shows. :wink:

My sister used to own the NSX I have and I've got some stories like TODDDEJAG, but from the guy's perspective. Most common foot-in-mouth statements include:

"what do you have done to it?"
"how much did it cost?"
"is it fast?"

to all of which I'd reply: "I don't know... why don't you ask the owner" then I'd nod toward my sister.

and of course "you let her drive it?" was most common.

She was *this* close to getting a license plate frame that said "it's not his"

J

Not quite, but I do have some Chinese blood in me. I follow Feng Shui and supersticious stuff hehehe.

typerturbo said:
From your first two choices in personalized license plates, your nationality must be Chinese. :biggrin:

Welcome to the NSX community and congrats on your new purchase. Once the "new-ness" of the car fades, you will start to enjoy the car much more. Paranoia is natural in the beginning. I was afraid of anything happening to my car also when I first got it, but the car was made to perform and you will soon find out that it isn't as fragile as you treat currently treat it. My previous garage queen is now a daily driver when the weather is nice. Even with minor blemishes, I'm still invited to showcase my car in car shows. :wink:

Engel07 said:
Hehehehe.

My wish list now:

1) The Navigation system (Any hookup installation in the Bay Area, CA for this project?)

single_pod_displayed.jpg

2) Volk GT-U rims
3) Lowering

That's it.....

Congrats...

I was also looking into this nav. If you ever get it installed (before I do), I'd like to see it if you don't mind at one of the up and coming meets local to you and me.

Back