My first ride in a NSX

Ohmigosh

Now nothing else will do:D

I had my first ride in a NSX today and now it will be all I think about till I buy one.

Many thanks to Dennis and his son Tim for taking the tell to explain the car to me as well as taking my fiance and I for a ride.

Now I see what you people here are so passionate about!

WingZ said:
Ohmigosh

Now nothing else will do:D

I had my first ride in a NSX today and now it will be all I think about till I buy one.

Many thanks to Dennis and his son Tim for taking the tell to explain the car to me as well as taking my fiance and I for a ride.

Now I see what you people here are so passionate about!

Congrats....now you are hooked....you have nowhere left to go other than to your nearest speed shop where you will buy parts while searching for an NSX to buy. :D

Excellent...the hooks are in! :)

On a side note, I participated my first advanced driving school this weekend put on by the BMWCCA. Fantasic course, and I gained new respect for the NSX in how well it performed. My instructor took it out and reeled in M5's and Boxster S'es with ease. When I was driving, making beginner mistakes, the car was forgiving. A few times I overcooked a corner and the NSX never got too upset, only made my line sloppy (and then I'd blow the apex or turn in for the next corner). If you get an NSX, I'd highly recommend taking such a course.

There was no other car there that, in my opinon, had such a solid combination of serious performance capabilities, exotic good looks, and daily-drivable utility and reliability. You will not be disappointed.

Wow your first ride,

I remembered way back when, I just got out of school and bought a 300ZX TT. I modded the heck out of the thing, and thought that I was on top of the world till and had a ride in a red NSX from my friend. Although my Z would smoke that NSX hands down, but I still got out of the NSX with this WOOOOW :eek: . feeling in me, and from then on promised myself that I would buy one... the rest is history:D . Good luck in your search.

Max

Well I don't know if I'll take it to driving school ,but I will definitely be taking it to the track ans I go once a month.

I'll swap between taking my S2000 and the X.

You think a ride was enough?

You think getting a ride got you hooked? You're lucky he didn't let you drive it otherwise you'd be a basket case by now. :D

I got my first ride and wanted more. Became active with my local NSX chapter and got more rides. I went as so far to record the sound of the NSX engine to minidisc while getting thrill rides from NSX owners. I'd listen to that motor over and over as much as I'd listen to regular music. After a while, this was simply not feeding my NSX addiction anymore. Well, one day I was getting a ride in an NSX and the owner pulls into a gas station to tank up. He asked me if I had insurance. I said I did and he threw me the keys. I was going to savor every second that I was behind the wheel of this car. Oh my god!!! I was in NSX heaven. In no time I was on the freeway, gunned it in 2nd up to 80 and into 3rd touching 110 before I came up on traffic. The sound of the motor was just intoxicating. I thanked the owner many times over for entrusting me with his NSX but what did that do for me? I was going through SERIOUS withdrawal symptoms. Instead of waiting a couple more years to buy the '94 green/black I wanted, I went on a mission to find an earlier model NSX and came across a perfect '91 silver/black. Once the car was in my hot little hands, I had my drug. It has fed my go fast addiction for nearly (come July) seven years. I won't consider another supercar. If I had to replace my NSX, it would be for another without hesitation.

Last edited:
I've driven mine about 1000 miles since I got it last week... just running around the city more than anything... I've owned 25+ vehicles and this is by far the most fun, best handling, and most kickass hands down. :cool: :D

Should not have got in, it is going to cost you. I had to get one straight away (two weeks later exactly).The feeling that you have now doesn't stop. Even after two years i am still grinning from ear to ear. Makes you smile everyday.

Don't ask anyone for a drive just go out and buy one you wont look back, especially compared to your s2k.

I bought my NSX without even ever driving one before. The first time I even sat in one was the day I bought it. I didn't know anybody that had one that I could sit in or drive unfortuanately. It's been a fabulous ride so far.

NSX's will do that to you. I'll never forget the day that I gave my co-worker a ride. He gets in and I say " I am only going to do this once" and he says "do what once?" and I punched it... and all you could hear was that sweet honda motor. He immediately picked up his cellphone and called his wife and asked her if he could get one. :D

ibDursty said:
I bought my NSX without even ever driving one before. The first time I even sat in one was the day I bought it. I didn't know anybody that had one that I could sit in or drive unfortuanately. It's been a fabulous ride so far.
Same here... I even asked my sales guy to take it out of the lot and on the road a bit before I took the wheel :)

ibDursty said:

Same here, and I have never looked back :D

NsXMas said:
Only one of these 2 cars will make me happy:

1) NSX
2) Ferrari F355

The sweet sound of the F355 is so addicting.

Can't wait to get one of the two...

Amen to that!

The 355 with a tubi will be my next ride. The 355 IMO is the sweetest sounding engine/exhaust out there. It's way meaner that the hollow Coke can sound of the 360.

Back