My First NSX

Just wanted to say hello after lurking here in the background for several months and picking up tons of information. I almost bought my first NSX about 5 years ago but my attention strayed to other toys. I finally bit the bullet and bought a well cared for red/black 1992 with a five-speed and 85k miles on the clock. I picked the car up today from a seller sad to see her go and drove the 200 miles back home. All I can say is WOW! Simply blew away my already high expectations (based upon my reading here) and made all of the other ‘supercars’ I have owned and driven seem heavy and dated. 24mpg and multiple compliments received while at lunch and fueling up were great pluses for a sixteen-year-old car. I know it has been written here more times than I can recall, but the sound and feel….. aaaahhh!

Thanks to NSX Prime and the accumulation of knowledge and advice available through an easy search process for making the buying/inspection process easier. I am looking forward to many years of ownership and enjoyment.

Alex

Congrats on your purchase. Any other mods besides the sideskirts and wheels?

looks so clean.....................best color combo, congrats and welcome to prime

Congrat and have fun with your new NSX. I had just purchased mine a few weeks earlier in SoCal, and mine is the same color combo too. Maybe I will see you around..:biggrin:

Congratulations Alex! Enjoy (drive) your NSX! Nice color too.

Mario (Sierra Madre)

PS: Two years ago today (9/29) I picked my NSX and drove it 165 miles home - aaaaaahhhhhh!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome and it looks like a few of us are 'new' owners locally. I just dropped her off at Gold Coast Acura (based on several recommendations here) for inspection and service. I can't stop myself from turning back for one last look whenever I park. The lady at the DMV said 'you paid that much for a 1992 car?' and I laughed when she finally saw it in the parking lot.

Big_D: Other mods include color-matched rear spoiler, cat-back exhaust, HKS intake, and carbon fiber inserts on the doors and console.

Looks like she is in great shape.

Congrats on getting a fine example. Love the color.

Back