My First NSX Test Drive Ever!

Well,

I went to my local Acura dealer and test drove a yellow NSX. Was the first time I ever drove one. What an amazing car.

Some observations...

Pros:
very smooth/short clutch
shifter feel
visibility
engine sound
road feel
every day driver ability
good stereo
quick
felt very comfortable in the driver's seat, except for head clearance. I am 6'0" tall.

Cons:
not loud enough
a bit slow from the start
some cheesy interior pieces for 90k

All in all, I loved the car. I currently drive a very fast S2000 that is becoming a bit too rigid for my taste. There is a red one in Indiana with camel interior I would love to have! If all goes well, we will see what happens.

PS - My dealership experience was pretty good. I was not expecting them to allow me to drive an '04 without some kind of deal on the table and that I am only 26.

PJ

it is a great car isn't it? I haven't driven a model later than 97. I also own an s2000, not a FI one though...not yet ;)

looking to seriously buy one? got one in mind?

Yes, I am seriously considering it...

However I cannot decide if I want to lease an '04 or buy a '97 or newer one...

Tough decision.

I'll tell ya one thing, it needs an aftermarket exhaust system bad!! After that, it's good to go.

SCdS2K said:

Tough decision.

I'll tell ya one thing, it needs an aftermarket exhaust system bad!! After that, it's good to go.

good luck in the decision and search then. For me, I'd rather own than basically "rent" one. Seeing as you modded your S2K, you'd have the freedom to do that to the X as well if you bought it. Unless you plan on changing cars again, I see no point in leasing unless there is something in the leasing plan I misunderstand.
Tom

SCdS2K said:

Tough decision.

Unless you plan on getting rid of the car in 2 years or less I would buy one. Your money will actually be going towards something instead of throwing your money away by essentially renting one on a lease.

Back