• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My first experience with DownForce

Ordered the NSX-R conversion package on 8/3 and received a confirmation from a former employee Ray requesting a deposit and confirming a lead time of 3 weeks on 8/6. DF confirmed after my inquiry (3 weeks later) that they could not ship on schedule and asked for a delay until 9/5 for shipment and offered an undertray as consideration for the delay. On 9/5 I asked for a tracking number and UPS info as I was attempting to coordinate this work with other work to be done at the same time on my car. I was told on 9/5 that it would now be 9/7 or 9/10 for shipment. Ben indicated Peter the owner would contact me via e-mail on 9/6 as he was interested in making sure new clients were well taken care of. Since I never heard from Peter and they had missed two commitments I asked for them to ship on 9/7 or refund my deposit. Ben said Peter was presented a copy of my e-mail and my deposit would be refunded.

It was my impression from other posts I had seen that this company was professional, but this was not my experience. EVERY contact was initiated by me. If I did not call or inquire there was NO communication forthcoming from this company. It is not unreasonable to have delays, once, twice, but 3 times, but it is important to me that you make the effort to communicate the delays and not have your client be the one to find out why you cannot do your job.

Re: My first experience with DownForce - NOT a good one

I have to say that this is an issue sometimes with Downforce, but basically its Peter running the company with Ben taking care of sales. Peter is a great Guy Steven. But he gets behind on his work. I have always waited longer than originaly anticipated for my parts but they are great quality, and the price has been great. I really recommend you give them another chance, and be patient. You won't get better parts anywhere else.

I am sorry your experience with Downforce was not a good one.

The only thing that we were waiting on was clear coat for the NSX-R wing. We offer a very high quality wing, for a very fair price. Because of this, we have a very demand on our wings. This means we are always on backorder. We actually have greatly improved our shipping times from last year, and we are continuing to make changes for better efficiency. Growing pains.:wink:

I offered you a DF-R wing as a temporary replacement until the NSX-R version was ready. I explained to you that it was a simple install that only required 4 bolts. Unfortunately, you were not interested in this option. We also offered you a free front undertray for having to wait a little longer than we had anticipated.

I am truly sorry that we did not meet your time requirement, but we did try to
offer an option, and even tossed in a free part. In the end, I felt it was going to be better to just refund your deposit as you had requested.

I apologize to everyone who has had to wait a little longer for their orders lately. We would like to keep everything in house to make sure we keep the same level of quality. I refuse to outsource overseas just to produce faster. We want to put out good parts... even if the customer has to wait a little longer.

Ben

DF is still in the process of complete their relocation process and I'm there about twice a week.

FYI, Steve, Ray is no longer with DF. Please PM me the detail so I can have Erick or Ben take care of you as soon as possible. If the sales team is running into any issues, or simply laggin' Peter should know.

Dealt with Downforce couple of times now, great guys working there! Delays are expected but they do deliver quality products with reasonable prices.
About emails, well I guess need to be patient for replies.
If you are in no particular rush, I agree with TURBO2GO, give them another chance.

I have always waited longer than originaly anticipated for my parts but they are great quality, and the price has been great. I really recommend you give them another chance, and be patient. You won't get better parts anywhere else.

+1:smile:

Ben and Peter are great. I'd rather wait for a quality part that someone will stand behind than a less than quality part.

I just sent my 03 the shop for the my R-type hood install:biggrin: :biggrin:

I also have experience with DF. I agree with you that communication is KEY to any business. Their products are top notch and worth the wait...give them a second chance.

Jeff

Hello from Finland,

I have made few times business with DF / Ben.
Ben is giving to me great service all the time, answered to my questions and product quality is great! What else I could I hope :wink:

Im very happy :smile:

-pegi-

Had some issues with DF last month. Poor paint on wing, scuffs as well as the wrong wing sent. Their customer service and communication during the entire ordeal was top notch. Sent UPS to my door to pick up bad wing, processed correct order and then rushed to my home. Took 3 times longer than expected bit they kept me up to date and sent me a free item as well. Ben was cool as the other side of the pillow.:biggrin:

I ordered parts from DF, had great communication and the quality of work is superb but yes it did take awhile but not far off from expected dates. PAtience is a virtue when dealing with made to order parts.

Gil

Back