My 92 NSX. It's Home. It's Registered. It's time to look at the clutch and other t

My 92 NSX. It's Home. It's Registered. It's time to look at the clutch and other things...

Clutch
Something is wrong with the clutch. The clutch effort is far too heavy, and it doesn't engage until the last 8/10s or 9/10s of travel - just at the end.

The shop I had it inspected at also noted the clutch. For what it's worth, the previous owner said it was like that for the last 10 years that he owned it.

Anyway, other than the obvious - it needs a new clutch, what could it be???

Also, I want to start getting info from you guys on where to get aftermarket clutches for this thing. The last time I got a quote for a clutch from Acura, it was ludicrous.

So please let me know where I can get a clutch for this thing, and which shop in the Santa Clarita area would be best to install it.

Thanks!

Stick Shift
Back in the late 90's, I owned a 91 NSX. I don't remember the stick shift being hard to shift. It's almost as if it was a gated stick shift, and it is stiff.

It is also hard to get into reverse.

So, is this to be expected because it is 20 years old, or is this suspect of some issue???

Brake Pedal
Again, hard effort. This one could just be my failed memory. My last NSX might have been stiff too. Maybe cars have just added too much assisted effort these days.

Gas Pedal
I know that the NSX is throttle -by-wire. So why is the gas pedal so stiff???

THanks guys!

Flush the brake & clutch fluid? If the previous owner hadn't done it in a while at the very least it can't hurt to do that before investing other options. I believe it is one of those recommended things to do every now and then.

Congrat....

What is the mileage on the car?

The clutch do engage high. As far as the stiffness, check for leaks then just flush the fluid to see if it gets better.

Replace the trans fluid with the OEM fluid. Mine shifts smoothly.

92 NSX uses cable for the throttle... No drive-by-wire.

Congrats, I would check the fluids first before proceeding to the bigger and expensive stuff.

Back